This post may contain affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Refinery29 recommended five plus-sized business casual brands, including suits in the Rachel Roy Collection, launched earlier this season.
- Elle offered fashion inspo from book covers.
- The Strategist shared their favorite Chelsea boots. (At least one of our contributors spends most of the cooler months in her Dr. Martens Chelsea boots, just like the ones at the top of the article.)
- Writing for The American Lawyer, Vivia Chen, the woman behind The Careerist, asked, what have women achieved in the eight years since Sheryl Sandberg told women to Lean In during her TED Talk?
- Just days away from the midterm elections, Harper’s Bazaar shared a comprehensive list of women candidates, while ProPublica gave tips on how to prepare for the polls. Meanwhile, The New York Times reported that women candidates are breaking barriers — except when it comes to campaign fundraising. And finally, The Cut explained how the founders of theSkimm are working to get out the vote with a No Excuses voter mobilization campaign.
- Boston.com offered ideas to help you relax while you’re away from the office on vacation.
- Quartz suggested how to enroll in free (or partially free) online college courses through Massive Open Online Courses. The 600 offerings include STEM and the humanities.
- Eater explained why Netflix’s new show Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat is quietly radical in the way it depicts the host eating on TV.
- Your Smile of the Week: The Cut shared that a cat took the meaning of “catwalk” literally by strutting his or her stuff at a fashion show for Vakko ESMOD International in Istanbul. Includes the Instagram video, purrfect for your Friday viewing. (Sorry, we had to…)
On CorporetteMoms Recently…
- We continued our Week in the Life of a Working Mom series with a supervisory IT specialist in Washington, D.C.
- We asked, what’s your post-Halloween candy strategy?
- We offered some clothes for working moms, including some maternity basics and washable workwear.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to email@example.com. Thank you! Also: Are you a mom or mom-to-be? Don’t miss this week’s news update at CorporetteMoms.