Coronavirus-Related News & Resources
- Refinery29 looked into the psychology of wearing makeup at home, just for yourself.
- Ask a Manager answered a reader question about managers’ reasonable expectations for parents working from home.
- Harvard Business Review provided tips on avoiding work-from-home burnout.
- The Cut‘s Ask Polly columnist answered a question about trying to cope with potentially socially isolating for months, while The Washington Post provided mental health tips.
- The Cut also asked why so many of us are having vivid dreams right now.
- CNBC reported that the coronavirus stimulus package gives student loan borrowers a six-month break.
- Some “companies doing good” stories: Burberry is making surgical gowns and masks; Gap is making masks, gowns, and scrubs; Rothy’s is offering a teacher discount and donating masks; and Allbirds is donating free shoes to health workers.
- West Elm offered a bunch of fun Zoom backgrounds for meetings or virtual happy hours.
- Bored Panda shared the story of a biologist who heard that stores were running out of yeast and subsequently shared how to make it at home.
In Other News…
- The New York Times Style Magazine provided home hair care tips.
- NPR noted that a new book, Pretty Bitches, looks at how language creates double standards at work.
- Real Simple reported that you can finally use FSA money to buy pads and tampons.
- Your Laugh of the Week, from The Cooper Review: How to look smart in video conference calls.
On CorporetteMoms Recently…
- The latest installment in our Week in the Life of a Working Mom series featured a state agency director in upstate New York.
- We took a look back in Corporette history.
- We offered some clothes for working moms, including some maternity basics and washable workwear.