Coronavirus-Related News & Resources
- Marker noted how white-collar employees working from home has had dire consequences on many businesses, from workwear retailers to Starbucks.
- In The Atlantic, Molly Jong-Fast writes about how Alcoholics Anonymous prepared her for the pandemic.
- The Atlantic also explored why Americans really go to the gym.
- Yet another COVID casualty: The New York Times reported that Century 21 will file for bankruptcy and close all 13 of its locations.
In Other News…
- Teen Vogue reported that Eloquii and Walmart announced ELOQUII Elements, a new collaboration to provide stylish, size-inclusive clothing (sizes 14–28) to a wider audience.
- Vogue shared details on the return of the Jil Sander x Uniqlo collab.
- Science Times pointed out that that NASA astronaut Jeanette Epps will be the first Black woman to be a crew member of the ISS.
- Vox noted that Old Navy, Target, and Warby Parker are paying employees for time off to vote and work at the polls.
- Forge recommended 21 books for a better you.
- Meanwhile, The Cut quoted 25 famous women on their favorite books.
- One final book link: The Pudding analyzed 2,000 books to find out how writers describe men and women differently.
- Business Insider featured a day in the life of a professional bridesmaid.
- Your Laugh of the Week comes from The New Yorker’s Daily Shouts, which offered some calming new breathing exercises.
On CorporetteMoms Recently…
- We rounded up the best prenatal exercise programs.
- We offered some clothes for working moms, including some maternity basics and washable workwear.