This post may contain affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Liking these posts? Follow Corporette on Twitter — this is the edited version of what we’re reading! (We also Tweet if we hear about a good sale.)
– From Jezebel: a handy guide to the Erin Andrews debacle, a sports writer who’s been getting lambasted for having worn a “skimpy outfit” to the locker room at a Cubs/Brewers game. Our $.02: Yeah, yeah, we know we write advice on what’s appropriate, but nothing pisses us off more than having men and women with 20/20 hindsight insist that something wasn’t appropriate and therefore she is “damaging the entire gender.” [Jezebel] (“Skimpy outfit” pictured at left)
– A Malaysian newspaper discusses the problem of women leaving the workforce, and profiles some top women leaders in Malaysian companies, who offer advice in how to push forward against glass ceilings. [The Star via Women Of History]
– There’s a great discussion over at The Juggle about when to hire a financial planner. Be sure to check out the comments. [WSJ: The Juggle]
– Some working women are too busy to have their baby AND deal with the details, so a new type of assistant, the “baby planner,” is cropping up: they’ll help you navigate the registry, find a competent nanny, etc. [ChiTrib]
– Oh good, just what we’ve needed: a comparison of Michelle Obama’s and Cindy McCain’s pearls, and advice on how to wear your own pearls.
– ChiTrib suggests the best laptops for the back-to-school crowd — but odds are if your laptop is a secondary computer and you’re not a heavy gamer/watcher-of-DVDs-on-your laptop, then they’ll be fine for you too. [ChiTrib]
– 20 strategies to defeat the urge to procrastinate. [Zen Habits]