Oooh: yes. Love this slinky sheath dress in THE fabric of the season, velvet — and I love that it comes in a pretty blue as well as this “bottle green.” Fabulous. The green has lots of sizes left, the blue has lucky sizes only, and the petites in both colors are also down to lucky sizes — so if you like it, you may want to act fast. It’s $118 at Nordstrom. Felicity & Coco Velvet Sheath Midi Dress (Nordstrom Exclusive)
Ladies, as I mentioned earlier, the Nordstrom sale is good. I did a fuller roundup for workwear earlier in the week, but I thought I’d mention some great weekend basics I just spied in the sale: tons of Splendid tops, 15-25% percent off. Not a huge sale, admittedly, but these shirts are some of my favorites for the weekend, and they’ve been on every “best of” list for the past thousand years — they’re soft, they wash well, and they last. Pictured here: the deep V neck, the turtleneck (the thin jersey turtleneck is a growing trend — if you don’t have one I’d suggest picking one up!) and a simple white tee. They’re $34 to $43, at Nordstrom.
Happy weekend! As you may know it’s Columbus Day weekend, which means a lot of sales — some noteworthy ones we’ve seen include:
- 6pm’s featured sales include MICHAEL Michael Kors, Clarks, Frye boots, and running shoes. (Tons of reader favorite MICHAEL flex pumps down to $54.)
- Ann Taylor is 50% off sitewide.
- Anthropologie is offering an extra 40% off sale.
- Brooks Brothers is offering an additional 25% off your purchase. (Lots of great stuff, particularly in Red Fleece.)
- Club Monaco is offering an extra 40% off sale.
- Express seems very excited about its “buy 1 get 50% off” EVERYTHING sale.
- J.Crew is offering 40% off sale styles (and a ton of other styles are 30% off).
- J.Crew Factory has 50% off everything.
- Last Call has an extra 30% off everything.
- Loft is offering an extra 40% off everything.
- Talbots is offering 30-40% off everything, and an extra 30% off markdowns.
- Zappos seems to be having some unannounced sales — some Stuart Weitzman shoes are 20-30% off (including these highly rated purple block pumps), some Cole Haan sales, and tons of Frye clearance.
Happy weekend! I don’t know why, but I keep coming back to this green scuba dress. It seems like a lot of look for a weekday, so I like it more for a cocktail look — add a sparkly statement necklace and away you go. (For some reason, and I’ve really no idea why, it reminds me of Miss Scarlett from Clue, even though her dress was entirely different.) The dress is $94-$129, available up to size 16, over at Amazon. Anne Klein Women’s Positive Negative Printed Scuba Sheath Dress
Readers love Zella workout gear for its quality and ability to hold up to multiple washings, and after years of leggings being the only option in workout/lounge wear, it’s nice to finally see the brand offer a more relaxed flared leg pant, whether for yoga, lounging, or more. The pants are available in black and grey in sizes XS -XL from Nordstrom, where thery’re winning rave reviews. ‘Goddess’ Flared Pants
I can’t find a similar pair of pants in plus sizes, but do note that there are a lot of great Zella sale items in plus sizes.
Psst: It’s triple points days at Nordstrom right now — earn triple points on everything through 9/25. Great time to stock up on beauty supplies and other basics!
Keeping up with denim trends can be challenging. Right now, the raw edge/released hem look is one of the newer details that’s showing up — and while the detail is common on $200+ jeans, it’s less common on more affordable jeans. But these $58 jeans have the released hem look — and a few other qualities I like, like minimal distressing (as opposed to, say, a pant where there’s a chunk missing from the upper thigh), distressing that isn’t at the knee (so it works for women of all heights/leg lengths), and a nice dark wash. They’re $58, available in sizes 00-14. (While this pair doesn’t have a single review yet, other STS Blue skinny jeans get pretty good reviews, which is a good sign.) Pictured: STS Blue ‘Emma’ Release Hem Skinny Jeans (East La Canada)
Something on your mind? Chat about it here.
Hooray for the weekend! This strappy print dress jumped out at me recently and now I kind of can’t stop thinking about it. It looks great as styled here with strappy sandals, but they also have a picture of it styled with a moto jacket and booties — very cool/sexy, perfect for a date night. (I’m 90% sure there’s a light beige backing against the mesh.) It’s $149, available in sizes 2-14. Chelsea28 Strappy Print Dress