I, for one, am always overwhelmed by Zappos clearance sales. Love the site, love the free shipping/free returns (and super long policy), but they put so much stuff on clearance that it’s a bit like drinking from the fire hose. So I thought I’d look to see what’s on deep discount, and what’s new to the sale (and, of course, round up a few particular picks)…
What’s on deep discount (50%+)
- Designer shoes! Stuart Weitzman, Marc Jacobs, Alexander McQueen, Bottega Veneta, Burberry, Maison Martin Margiela, and Robert Clergerie
- Designer duds: Kate Spade, Calvin Klein, DSquared, Vivienne Westwood, Yohji Yamamoto, Z Spoke Zac Posen
- Great deals on Samsonite luggage (marked from $600ish down to $250ish), as well as reader favorite Travelpro and Delsey (a brand I’m unfamiliar with but has cute colors).
- I don’t normally think of Zappos as the place to buy pots and pans, but you can get some deep discounts on Calphalon and All-Clad, particularly cookware sets (great if you’re just setting up a new apartment, all you recent grads)
- There are also some great deals on good knife sets, such as from J.A. Henckels and Wusthof.
What’s new to the sale section:
- Tons of KORS shoes (lots below $150!) and Kate Spade bags
- Office-friendly clothes from Elie Tahari, Kate Spade, MICHAEL Michael Kors, Bailey 44, and BCBGMaxAzria
Here are a few pieces making me drool…
– Stuart Weitzman Easily Pump — was $345 now $149 (pictured above)
– Highly rated flats from KORS Michael Kors, Odell — were $265 now $138 (tons of colors)
– Samsonite Hyperspace 21.5″ Carry On Spinner – was $400 now $179
– Calphalon Unison Nonstick 8-Piece Set Calphalon Unison Nonstick 8-Piece Set – was $850 now $499
– a great little black dress, Z Spoke ZAC POSEN ZS-01-5020-12 — was $490 now $244.99
Readers, have you combed through Zappos’ clearance sale? What did you get?
Here’s what I do, for shoes at least:
Use the filters, first for shoe size, then heel height.
Then use the sort function to set them from highest to lowest price.
Quickly scroll down to the highest price you are comfortable paying, then scan for brands from there down which you know and like. Do not even consider a brand which you have never tried. Stop when you reach your lower comfort level.
Any bargains to fit your lifestyle should jump out at you!
Reporting from the open thread: Are any Chicago area C o r p o r e t t e s familiar with a restaurant called the Boardinghouse. We ‘re going to a family wedding in October and the rehearsal dinner is at that restaurant. I’m wondering what the appropriate attire for myself and Mr. Gov anon is . Wedding is cocktail attire and I’m wondering if I need similar for the rehearsal dinner.
I answered on the earlier thread, but here it is again– you will see everything from jeans/black pants with embellished tanks to cocktail dresses. We are going next weekend to celebrate our first wedding
anniversary and I plan to wear either a LBD or a sundress–it will depend on what my growing baby belly fits into :-)
Thanks. This should help with the wardrobe planning for the weekend.
Oh for the days when Zappos shipped to Canada. Sigh.