Our daily workwear reports suggest one piece of work-appropriate attire in a range of prices.
I used to be hesitant about sweater dresses for work. Even the most sophisticated versions looked a bit too casual for a formal office. But, after the last year and a half, anything that’s not sweatpants seems like formalwear, so I think I’m willing to open my heart to sweater dresses for the office.
This one from Ted Baker is particularly gorgeous, with a blousy top and defined waist. I love the dark purple color pictured here, but the white would also be stunning.
Madewell has a wool-blend sweater dress in sizes 1X–3X for $118 at Nordstrom. (Just try to ignore the hiking boots it’s styled with…)
Workwear sales of note for 10.14.21…
- Nordstrom – 1,000+ new markdowns — up to 60% off dresses, tops, jeans and more!
- Ann Taylor – Extra 40-50% off all sale styles; $50 off full-price dresses & shoes
- Loft – 50% off your purchase
- J.Crew – 40% off your purchase; extra 50-60% off sale styles
- Brooks Brothers – Sale styles up to 70% off
- Lands’ End – Up to 40% off your order
- Eloquii – 50% off all dresses & jumpsuits;
- Anthropologie – 1,000+ new sale items