Our daily workwear reports suggest one piece of work-appropriate attire in a range of prices.
I used to be hesitant about sweater dresses for work. Even the most sophisticated versions looked a bit too casual for a formal office. But, after the last year and a half, anything that’s not sweatpants seems like formalwear, so I think I’m willing to open my heart to sweater dresses for the office.
This one from Ted Baker is particularly gorgeous, with a blousy top and defined waist. I love the dark purple color pictured here, but the white would also be stunning.
Madewell has a wool-blend sweater dress in sizes 1X–3X for $118 at Nordstrom. (Just try to ignore the hiking boots it’s styled with…)
Workwear sales of note for 5.16.22…
- Nordstrom – 2,000 new markdowns!
- Gap – 40% off everything, no exclusions
- Banana Republic Factory – 50% off everything; extra 30% off $150+
- J.Crew Factory – Up to 50% off everything
- Zappos – 30,000 sale items (for women)! Try this link for some of the reader-favorite brands on sale.
- J.Crew – 25% off full-price styles; extra 50% off sale styles
- Talbots – 40% off sitewide
- Loft – 50% off 1 full-price item; up to 40% off select full-price styles
- Ann Taylor – 30% off your purchase
- Lands’ End – 50% off swimwear; up to 60% off everything else
- Saks OFF 5th: Designer new arrivals up to 60% off