Something on your mind? Chat about it here.
What are your favorite swimsuits this summer, readers? I tend to prefer super-boring tankinis because I’m often at the pool/beach/water park for loooong days with the kids and prefer the ease of a two-piece. However, I am still shook by a bachelorette weekend I attended before the pandemic when all the other girls had muuuuuch cuter swimsuits than I did for our time at the pool. It was super clear to me that even if I don’t get to go on a grown-up vacation often, I want a much cuter or sexier suit for when we go.
This suit from Amazon was apparently one of the top sellers last year from Prime Day (I’m so totally behind on my emails that I’m just getting to the Prime Day emails now — #winning!), and I have to say, for a $30 suit the reviews and user-submitted photos are selling it. I’m particularly impressed by how many large-busted women say it’s totally supportive, even though there are no cups or underwires. The stripey details are apparently a really good quality mesh. (One reviewer noted that she was worried her fluffy middle would be spilling out of the stripes but was really pleased how the suit, um, contained her fluff in a comfortable but flattering way.)
The suit comes in 42 colors and patterns (!), has 10,000 positive reviews, and is available in sizes 0–16. (Interesting, that, given that it’s the “#1 bestseller in women’s plus-size suits.”)
Other suits I’m considering include Summersalt, Andie, and I still have to make a swing through the bra-sized suits at Bare Necessities. (If you’re on the hunt for plus sizes, do check out some of the fun collaborations at Swimsuits for All, and note that Summersalt carries up to size 22, and Bare Necessities offers bra-sized suits up to 48DDD.)
Readers, what swimsuits are you wearing this summer? How many different suits do you have, and for how many different occasions do you wear them? (For example, lap swimming, water park/beach with kids, weekend away with your partner or friends, etc…)
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear sales of note for 1.19.21…
- Nordstrom – Designer clearance up to 60%
- Zappos – 34,000 sale items (for women!)! Try this link for some of the reader-favorite brands on sale.
- Saks OFF 5TH – Up to 70% off! Lots of good options in shoes.
- J.Crew Factory – Up to 50% everything; extra 50% off clearance;
- Ann Taylor – 50% off select full-price styles; extra 50% off all sale styles
- Bergdorf Goodman – Up to 70% off!
- Brooks Brothers – Up to 70% off newly added styles! (We stand by our post on what to buy at Brooks Brothers!)
- Talbots – Red Hanger Sale: 60% off original prices; all cashmere sweaters 50% off (reader favorites include this cashmere sweater and this cardigan)
- Banana Republic Factory – Extra 50% off clearance
- Net-a-Porter – Up to 80% off!
- Universal Standard – Season Finale sale, 50-85% off 300+ styles (and 20% off on new loungewear).
- Lands’ End – 50% off your order (big savings on outerwear for the family!)
- Eloquii – 50% off 1 item; 40% off everything else