Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Ann Taylor, but written by your regular friendly blogger, Kat Griffin.
Ann Taylor has a ton of great sales, but if you’ve noticed, the suits are rarely part of those sales — except for the rare Suiting Event, which just started, and now offers 30% off all suits. There are some great women’s suits in the sale, including:
All Season Stretch Suiting
I’ve always been a fan of Ann Taylor’s all-season stretch suiting — it’s such a great basic for every working woman. Wear it with cashmere and merino in the winter; with cotton and linen in the summer… it really is seasonless. This lovely “smokey charcoal” suit (pictured below) caught my eye, but it’s also available in black, navy, a beigy “stone beach,” and a light brownish “dark stone taupe heather.” Pictured below:
- All Season Stretch Two-Button Jacket, was $169, now marked to $118. The jacket is lined and has besom pockets; it’s available in regular and petite sizes (limited sizes only, alas!).
- All-Season Stretch Pencil Skirt, was $79, now $55. It’s available in regular and petite sizes 00-18.
- Modern All-Season Stretch Trousers, were $98, now $68. They’re available in regular and petite sizes 00-18. (The same color is also available in Ann Taylor’s other two main cuts, the curvy cut and the signature cut.)
Cotton Sateen Suiting
Ann Taylor’s cotton sateen suiting is always a great option for summer because it tends to hold its shape better than more drapey fabrics like linen and crepe — think lightweight, but crisp. There are a ton of pieces included in the sale, including (pictured):
- Cotton Sateen Two-Button Jacket, available exclusively online. (You definitely want two buttons if you consider yourself on the busty side). Available in black, navy, and stardust, the blazer comes in regular, petite, and tall sizes 00-18; at full price it’s $159, but with the sale it comes down to $111.
- Cotton Sateen Jewel Neck Sheath Dress, available exclusively online in black only. It comes in regular and petite sizes 00-16, and was $129, but is now marked at $90.
- Cotton Sateen Pencil Skirt, available in regular, petite, and tall sizes 00-18 for $79 (now $55).
- Signature Cotton Sateen Trousers, available in regular, petite, and tall sizes, 00-18 for $89 (now $62)
- Not pictured, but also part of the sale: these two navy sateen dresses, and about a zillion cotton sateen pants.
This gray pinstripe suit is a perfect fun yet conservative suit — it’s interesting and flattering! I like the chic one-button blazer (was $198 now $138), the modern pinstripe trousers (now $90, down from $129), and the pencil skirt (now $76, down from $109). All of the pieces are available in regular, petite and tall sizes 00-16; the blazer is available up to size 18. The pants also come in Ann Taylor’s curvy and signature cuts. All of the pieces are available exclusively online.
Ladies, what are your favorite suits to get at Ann Taylor?