- Hall of Fame: Sam Edelman, Rag & Bone,
- Under $100: B.P., Mossimo booties @ Target, Payless, Lucky, Report, Bella Vita
- Waterproof: Sam Edelman (super cute rain bootie!), Aquatalia by Marvin K, Hunter, Cole Haan
- Extended/narrowed widths: (come in sizes like AA, N, C, W, etc): Bella Vita, Trotters, SoftWalk, Naturalizer, Munro, Sam Edelman (wide)
- Extended sizes: Munro (4-14!), B.P. (4-13), Sam Edelman (4-13), Aquatalia (4-12)
- Flat or nearly flat: Sam Edelman, Lucky, Munro, SoftWalk,
- Comfort: Payless, Arche, Anyi Lu, Clarks, Ecco, Dansko, Munro, SoftWalk, Vionic (don’t forget to check out our entire guide to comfortable heels)
|I’m putting this well-reviewed bootie from Bella Vita first for a number of reasons (although it’s also one of our lowest priced options; for more see the category above for “Under $100”). But it’s worth noting that the closer a bootie is to a classic pump, the more acceptable it’s likely to be at your workplace. Here, note the skinny heel, the pointed toe, and even the cutouts on the vamp that make it feel like a lighter shoe. I also like that the top of the shoe is lower in the front than the back — it’s a much more flattering, leg-lengthening look. The pictured bootie is $99 (and available in wide and narrow sizes), but here are a few similar options from Tahari, Nine West, Donald J. Pliner, M.Gemi, and Stuart Weitzman (kinda sorta). Pictured: Bella Vita Cutout Bootie|
|Another sleeker version of the ankle boot (but kinda old school): these Clarks. (A few similar but pricier versions of stiletto booties: Cole Haan, Jimmy Choo, Manolo…) These are harder to wear with ankle pants or skirts, IMHO, but if you’re a trouser girl, these are great. The pictured boots are $130. Clarks Sage Aria|
|I noted them in our “Hall of Fame” category above, but these Petty boots from Sam Edelman continue to be wild bestsellers. The numbers testify: 530 mostly positive reviews at Zappos (selling 12 colors), 354 reviews at Nordstrom (selling 9 colors, including a new shearling-lined option I haven’t seen before) — wow. This is a great example of a walkable bootie that I would try at work, particularly with outfits where, in years past, I may have worn a flat knee-high boot. The Petty boot is priced from $135-$160 in sizes 4-13 (some wides, too). Sam Edelman Petty Boot|
|These Vince Camutos, at $158, are a much more affordable option than the Rag & Bone booties that have been dominating the streets since 2012 or so, but they also seem like they might be better for both work and play because they’re less rugged (and the black is blacker). I also like the dip in the shaft, the pointyish toe, and the price: they’re $159 at Nordstrom and Zappos, available in four colors, sizes 5.5-11. Vince Camuto ‘Franell’ Bootie|
|These Kate Spade look like a great mix of the sleeker and the rugged booties — comfortable block heel, but with glam accents like the gold details on the heel, a flattering dip in the vamp, and dark black suede. Lovely. They’re $398 at Zappos Couture, available in sizes 5-11. Kate Spade New York Darota|
|These Margot booties are the newer version (I believe) of the much-loved Harrow booties, and I like them better for work — they still have the flattering dip in the shaft, but with less hardware. Rag & Bone boots are legendary for their comfort, too, so if you’re on the hunt for great 4″ boots (and have $525 to spend on boots), do consider these. Rag & Bone Margot|
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Workwear sales of note for 1.30.23:
- Nordstrom – Dresses, sweaters, boots, and more, up to 60% off! (Kat’s note: I made a massive order a few days ago personally; lots of major markdowns with lucky sizes.)
- Ann Taylor – Up to 60% off sale styles; $50 off full-price jackets, outerwear & shoes with code
- Athleta – Sale up to 70% off
- Banana Republic Factory – 40% off everything plus extra 15% off purchase
- Bloomingdale’s – Designer Event: 40-65% off (big discounts on Kooples blouses (for work) and Hervé Léger dresses (for play))
- Brooks Brothers – End of season sale, up to 70% off
- Dermstore – Last chance sale (through 1/31) – take an EXTRA 10% off existing markdowns (including the ones 50% off) with code
- Everlane – Up to 70% off
- Hugo Boss – Final reductions: Up to 50% off
- J.Crew – 30% off your purchase
- J.Crew Factory – 40% off the vacation shop; 50% off sweaters & sweatshirts
- Talbots – End of Season Clearance: Extra 60% off markdowns
- Zappos – 21,000+ sale items (for women)!
Some of our latest posts here at Corporette…
- I screwed up badly on a webinar presentation for a major client – is there anything I can do to recover?
- Are people wearing jogger-type work pants to work anymore?
- What low-energy things can my DH and I do after work other than TV and doomscrolling?
- What are good hobbies, classes, or groups to meet men in?
- Do I need a button down white shirt with a suit for a law school interview, or is a neutral blouse OK?
- Can we talk about this AAM post where a woman asks if her employer can make her wear a bra?
- Has anyone left Big Law or similar job and regretted it?
- What advice are you dying to give — but no one has asked?
- Advice we’ve gotten from unusual sources…
- Would you rather marry a rich person, or someone you have a deep and emotional connection with