It’s nearing the “most wonderful” time of the year, readers — so if anyone is thinking about a) Thanksgiving meals, b) Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals, or c) holiday gifts, this new gadget might be worth noting.
It is a combination Dutch oven / pressure cooker, from Instant Pot, and available only at Williams & Sonoma. As they describe it in the product description:
Now you can create the same succulent flavors of cooking in a cast iron Dutch oven with the speed and ease of the Instant Pot. This exceptionally versatile machine features an enameled cast-iron inner pot that lets you braise, slow cook, sear, sauté and warm food – in the unit, in the oven or on the stove. The tight-fitting cast-iron lid has a self-basting grid on the underside that helps keep food moist and tender while the large LCD screen lets you easily monitor cooking progress. Ideal for oven-to-table use, the Dutch oven has a generous capacity that accommodates family-size meals and entertaining.
Nice. We primarily use our Dutch ovens for bread as well as soups, and I can see how having more control over temperature and time would be a good thing. I also kind of like that you can keep an oven free for other projects — and that it hopefully doesn’t make the entire kitchen as hot as a less efficient oven does.
The Instant Dutch Oven is currently available in black and white (red looks like it is sold out) for $229 at Williams & Sonoma.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Psst: some of my other favorite cookware is here…
Workwear sales of note for 12.8.22: (Our favorites are in bold!)
- Nordstrom – Up to 60% off, with new markdowns on coats and shoes!
- Ann Taylor – 30% off your full-price purchase; 50% off full-price sweaters
- Banana Republic Factory – 50% off everything; extra 15% off with code (through 12/12)
- Eddie Bauer – 60% off select cozy styles; 50% off outdoor gifts
- Elie Tahari – Extra 30% off with code; coats starting at $99
- Eloquii – 50-60% off all dresses & tops; extra 50% off all sale
- Express – 40% off everything
- J.Crew – 50% off your purchase; extra 60% off sale
- J.Crew Factory – 50% off everything; extra 60% off clearance; extra 20% off outerwear
- Lands’ End – Up to 70% off your order with code – reader favorite wool dresses and pants come down to under $60 (plus sizes too!); ponte dresses start at $30.
- Loft – 50% of your purchase (through 12/7)
- Madewell – 40% off your purchase
- Neiman Marcus – Designer Sale: Up to 50% off — also, $50 off $200
- Talbots – 40% off your purchase
Gift Ideas for Men: