I usually recommend Nordstrom’s tissue scarves (and often check back myself to see what colors and prints they have in stock) — but I will note that some of my all-time favorite scarves have been silk/modal blends, like this one. The blend means that it’s ultra soft — but it also means it’s got more heft than a pure silk scarf (so it doesn’t fly in your face on a windy day) and it’s less likely to catch on your jewelry, tags, or whatever else it is that scarves always seem to catch on and run.
(Fun fact: DvF years and years ago made a great silk/modal scarf in so many fun prints — I believe it was called the Kenley scarf, and I had one and had bought one for my mother-in-law. Sadly I lost mine on a date night with my husband (sob!) — but I still occasionally check Poshmark or eBay for good options.)
The pictured scarf is a great price — it’s $39 at Nordstrom.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear Sales of Note (as of 4-23-21)
- Nordstrom – Designer clearance continues up to 70% off.
- Anthropologie – Extra 25% off all sale items
- Ann Taylor Factory – Extra 20% off all clearance; extra 15% $100+
- Ann Taylor – 40-60% off full-price dresses, pants, denim & skirts
- Banana Republic – 40% off purchase
- Banana Republic Factory – Up to 70% off everything
- Brooks Brothers – 25% off sitewide
- J.Crew – Up to 40% off “dressy styles”; extra 50% off select sale styles
- M.M.LaFleur – Up to 80% off
- Loft – Extra 60% off all sale styles; up to 50% off spring must-haves
- Talbots – 40% off markdowns; $25 off pants