Our daily workwear reports suggest one piece of work-appropriate attire in a range of prices.
Browns can be tricky for me (somehow I always end up looking washed out), but this chocolate brown sheath dress is gorgeous. The ruched style is super flattering and the three-quarter length sleeves are perfect for this summer-to-fall transition period.
I would wear this with my favorite leopard-print shoes and some chunky gold jewelry. If you need to add a jacket, I like the idea of a tweed moto jacket in a similar color palette, like this one from Ann Taylor.
The dress is $110 at White House Black Market and available in regular sizes XXS–XL and petite sizes XXS–XL. Ruched Sheath Dress
A plus-size option is from Eliza J; it’s on sale for $44.97 (alas, only in lucky sizes).
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Seen a great piece you’d like to recommend? Please e-mail [email protected]
Workwear Sales of Note (10/29/20):
- Boden – 25% off! Ends 10/29. I just updated links in our post on how to build a work wardrobe at Boden. (Nordstrom is matching prices if you prefer to buy there.)
- Ann Taylor – 40% off tops & sweaters; 50% off 2+ tops & sweaters. Ends 10/30.
- Talbots – 50% off 3+, 40% off 2 or 30% off 1. Ends 11/1.
- Lo & Sons – Early Bird Sale: 40% off everything above $50
- Neiman Marcus – 25–30% off select regular-price items
Reader Favorites on Sale: