Our daily workwear reports suggest one piece of work-appropriate attire in a range of prices.
Uniqlo continues to be one of my favorite places for affordable basics. I’ve had one of these merino cardigans for years, and it still looks fantastic. It’s 100% wool, but it’s not bulky and never feels itchy to me. It also comes in 13 (!) different colors. For washing, I put it in a large lingerie bag, use the gentle cycle with Woolite, and dry it flat.
I’ve found that it looks just as good with a blouse and trousers as it does thrown over a t-shirt and leggings for working from home or running errands.
The sweater is $29.90, marked down from $39.90, and available in sizes XXS–XXL. Extra Fine Merino Crewneck Cardigan
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Seen a great piece you’d like to recommend? Please e-mail [email protected]
Workwear Sales of Note (but see our big Black Friday sale roundup!):
- Nordstrom – Markdowns up to 74% off (see all of the reader favorites in the sale here!)
- Neiman Marcus – Up to 75% off; $50 off $200
- Ann Taylor Factory – 50-75% off your purchase; extra 15% off your purchase (ends 5 p.m. 11/26)
- Banana Republic Factory – 60% off (ends 11/28 at 11:59 PT)
- J.Crew – 50% off your purchase; extra 60% off sale styles
- J.Crew Factory – 60% off everything; extra 60% off clearance (ends 11/25 at 11:59 p.m. ET)
- Lo & Sons – Up to 60% off and 6-month returns
Reader Favorites on Sale:
- This comfy notch blazer is down to $58.80 in some colors and sizes…
- These washable, lightweight stretchy trousers from Nic & Zoe are $67-$109 depending on size and color
- So many cute Zella things on sale (the fleece!)
- Tumi on sale, up to 40% off!