Our daily workwear reports suggest one piece of work-appropriate attire in a range of prices.
Uniqlo continues to be one of my favorite places for affordable basics. I’ve had one of these merino cardigans for years, and it still looks fantastic. It’s 100% wool, but it’s not bulky and never feels itchy to me. It also comes in 13 (!) different colors. For washing, I put it in a large lingerie bag, use the gentle cycle with Woolite, and dry it flat.
I’ve found that it looks just as good with a blouse and trousers as it does thrown over a t-shirt and leggings for working from home or running errands.
The sweater is $29.90, marked down from $39.90, and available in sizes XXS–XXL. Extra Fine Merino Crewneck Cardigan
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Seen a great piece you’d like to recommend? Please e-mail [email protected]
Workwear Sales of Note (as of 1-21-21)
- Nordstrom – Designer clearance up to 70% off
- Neiman Marcus – Up to 75% off: major sales, including on suits and cashmere!
- The Fold – Lots of items on sale!
- Brooks Brothers – Up to 70% off
- J.Crew Factory – Extra 60% off clearance
- Ann Taylor – Tops starting at $15, pants and skirts starting at $20, dresses starting at $25
- Loft – Up to 80% off sale styles; up to 50% off select full-price styles
- Lands’ End – 40% off full-price styles
- Banana Republic – Up to 40% off must-haves; extra 60% off sale styles