My brother and I have a history of gifting my mother robots. TiVo and Roomba are the two that stand out, but I’m sure there have been others through the years. This year, for her birthday (Dec. 2), we got her the Amazon Echo. I’ve had one for a few months now, and as far as a review goes, I like it a lot. I think of it as a cross between Siri (which I never use) and the ship computer on Star Trek — except the Echo has a pretty short range.
Still, I like being able to easily shout out, “Alexa, set timer!” after putting something in the oven, or listen to a podcast or music while doing dinner prep. I usually just link my iPhone to Echo via Bluetooth, but it’s also nice to rediscover Pandora. I mostly think of the Echo (and Alexa) as a fancy bluetooth speaker, but she can also tell you the weather forecast, the time, current sports scores, and a handful of other things — it’s definitely a work in progress. The Echo is $179 at Amazon. Amazon Echo
(Random Q for you, ladies, techwise — does anyone have opinions on Roku vs. Amazon Fire? We’ve been considering one for a while and can’t decide between the two.)
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Workwear sales of note for 5.19.22…
- Nordstrom – 1,700 new markdowns!
- Gap – 40% off everything, no exclusions
- Banana Republic Factory – 50% off everything
- J.Crew Factory – Up to 50% off new arrivals; extra 50% off clearance; 20% off $125+
- Zappos – 30,000 sale items (for women)! Try this link for some of the reader-favorite brands on sale.
- J.Crew – 25% off full-price styles; extra 50% off sale styles; 50% off swim
- Talbots – 30% off dresses, skirts, shoes & accessories
- Loft – 50% off tops & accessories
- Ann Taylor – 50% off full-price dresses; extra 40% off sale styles
- Lands’ End – 50% off swimwear; up to 60% off everything else
- Saks OFF 5th: Designer new arrivals up to 60% off
- Bite Beauty: 50% off sitewide (final sale, as they’re going out of business, unfortunately)
Some of our latest posts here at Corporette…