- 6pm – Up to 70% off Frye, up to 65% off Asics, select boots and coats starting at 50% off.
- Amazon – 30% off eligible items with code GRNMON14: clothing, shoes, jewelry, watches, handbags, accessories, and luggage.
- Ann Taylor – 50% off full-price sweaters and pants with code FESTIVE50, and extra 40% off sale.
- Anne Klein – 50% off sitewide.
- Anthropologie – Extra 30% off with code EXTRAMERRY.
- ASOS – 20% off select brands, including Boss Orange, French Connection, and Zadig & Voltaire.
- Bare Necessities – $20 off $99 with code XMAS. Buy one bra get one 75% off; up to 40% off women’s sleepwear.
- Bergdorf Goodman – Up to 40% off women’s ready-to-wear, up to 30% off women’s shoes and handbags.
- Boden – 25% off everything and free shipping with code 9Y6E.
- Brooks Brothers – 40% off Red Fleece collection, plus up to 50% off clearance items.
- Club Monaco – 30% off select items with code WINTERFAVES.
- Cole Haan – 50% off select handbags, small leather accessories, and cold weather gear, plus free shipping.
- CUSP – Up to 33% off regular prices plus free shipping.
- eBags – 20% off your entire purchase with code GREEN.
- Eddie Bauer – Today only, online exclusive: 40% off your entire purchase + free shipping & returns on all orders. (Great for coats and sheets!)
- Eloquii – 50% off $100 or more with code SPLURGE.
- eShakti – Buy 1 get 1 free, select styles.
- Express – $60 off $200 with code 9828, sweaters starting at $24.90.
- French Connection – Up to 40% off select styles.
- J.Crew – Up to 30% off with code MERRYMERRY.
- J.Crew Factory – 40-60% off everything including new arrivals.
- Jones New York – $50 off $200, $100 off $300.
- Kate Spade New York – 25% sitewide with code JACKPOT.
- Kate Spade Saturday – $25 off $100, $50 off $150, $75 off $200.
- Kohl’s – Save 25% off $100+, save 20% on purchases under $100 with code DASHER.
- Lands’ End – 50% off all fleece and down vests, additional 30% off all other sale and clearance merchandise with code SNOW and PIN 3210.
- Last Call by Neiman Marcus – Extra 30% off everything. 50% off cashmere, cold weather, and more. Up to 55% on diamonds and pearls.
- The Limited – 60% off sweaters with code DAY1, 50% off full-price items, buy 1 get 1 free on jewelry.
- LOFT – Extra 40% off sale styles, full-price sweaters and tops 50% off.
- Macy’s – Extra 25% off with code FRIEND, plus free shipping over $50.
- Madewell – 30% off with code MERRIEST.
- ModCloth – 30% off more than 1,000 festive finds. 15% purchases of $100+ with code JOY.
- Neiman Marcus – Up to 50% off regular-price items, up to 65% off cashmere. Gift event: up to 20% off select items. Free rush shipping and gift packaging on all orders.
- Net-a-Porter – Up to 50% off and free shipping/returns.
- New York & Company – All sweaters and velour buy 1 get 1 free. Everything else buy 1 get 1 50% Off. $60 off $130+ with code 3757 and $30 off $70+ with code 3751.
- Nine West – $99.99 boots, $79.99 booties, $59.99 pumps and flats, $49.99 handbags; up to 50% off select shoes; plus free shipping.
- Nordstrom – Up to 40% off select new markdowns.
- Piperlime – 30% off select holiday styles with code CELEBRATE.
- Reiss – 30% off selected lines.
- RueLaLa – Cyberthon: Over 150 brands, up to 80% off.
- Saks – Up to 40% off designer sale and free shipping.
- Saks Off Fifth – Take up to an extra 50% off with code HOLIDAYFF.
- Shoes.com – 30% off sitewide with code BFF30.
- Stuart Weitzman – 35% off the first pair, and 45% off each additional pair (select styles only).
- Talbots – 30% off your entire purchase.
- Thomas Pink – Holiday highlight, select lines 40% off.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
A friend of mine was recently diagnosed with cancer (male, single, early 30s). He’s undergoing chemo right now and will be having surgery in about a month. I don’t see him often, but I’d love to send him something to help make his life a little bit easier through this process. My first thought was some kind of meal delivery, but he’s bouncing back and forth between his apartment in the city where we live, and his parents’ house in the suburbs. I also believe he has a fairly restrictive diet right now for medical reasons. Has anyone been through a similar situation, or have any ideas for what might be an appropriate gift to send?
Does he have a tablet? Can you get him a giftcard to load up his tablet – like Amazon or iTunes? If he has Kindle Fire ($99) and Prime ($99) he can download all the old HBO shows and watch them at chemo. And you can borrow library books onto it, but he may not want to deal with setting that up.
I think this combined with personalized lists of recommendations for books and movies/shows would be lovely. You could include lists for when he wants something mindless, something sappy, something funny, etc.
Also, cards & emails to let him know you are thinking of him.
Downloading Library books to kindle is easy. Trust me if I can do it 90% of people can.
Depends on your library system. When I last checked (admittedly nearly a year ago) my library system did not have kindle format books available.
I found it mildly annoying to set up, so I wouldn’t blame someone exhausted from chemo for not wanting to deal with it.
Maybe a gift certificate for a massage or something relaxing spa-wise? I’d say keep offering whatever support you can. Be specific about what you’re willing and able to do (like laundry, errands, dog walking, meals) and keep offering until he asks you not to or he takes you up on it. It’s hard for some people to accept help, even in a time like this. If you know his parents, you might ask them for suggestions, too. Good luck to your friend.
Thanks guys, the gift card is is a great idea!
Where do teenage girls like to get their clothes? I need a safe bet to get a top or scarf or something for my son’s new girlfriend for xmas.