Our daily workwear reports suggest one piece of work-appropriate attire in a range of prices.
This houndstooth sweater from Perfect Moment has really cozy après-ski vibes but would look just as appropriate in a business casual office as it would in a ski chalet. For the office, I would wear this tucked into a pair of high-waisted black pants with some chunky gold or silver earrings.
As a side note, I would skip this print on a day with a lot of video conferences scheduled. The “moiré effect” describes the dizzying wavy pattern that shows up when you’re wearing stripes or other repeating patterns on camera. If you’ve made it to 2022 without getting a little bit seasick from someone’s striped shirt, you’re luckier than I.
The sweater is $365 at Net-a-Porter and comes in sizes XS–L.
A more affordable option is from Vero Moda; it’s available in sizes XS–XL for $75 at Nordstrom.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear sales of note for 1.31.23:
- Nordstrom – Dresses, sweaters, boots, and more, up to 60% off! (Kat’s note: I made a massive order a few days ago personally; lots of major markdowns with lucky sizes.)
- Ann Taylor – Up to 60% off sale styles; $50 off full-price jackets, outerwear & shoes with code
- Athleta – Sale up to 70% off
- Banana Republic Factory – 40% off everything plus extra 15% off purchase
- Brooks Brothers – End of season sale, up to 70% off
- Dermstore – Last chance sale (through 1/31) – take an EXTRA 10% off existing markdowns (including the ones 50% off) with code
- Everlane – Up to 70% off
- Hugo Boss – Final reductions: Up to 50% off
- J.Crew – Extra 50% off select sale styles.
- J.Crew Factory – 40% off the vacation shop; 50% off sweaters & sweatshirts
- Talbots – End of Season Clearance: Extra 60% off markdowns
- Zappos – 21,000+ sale items (for women)!