As you may have noticed, there’s some drama happening over the U.S. Postal Service — their funding has been dire since April, and with new leadership, package delays, worries about voting by mail, etc., there’s a lot going around about why you should support the post office. Fortunately, it’s really easy to do — just buying stamps helps the USPS.
Buying stamps online is easy and opens up a world of pretty stamps — there are so many nice ones online! I’m kind of a fan of the 19th Amendment stamps celebrating women’s right to vote (available for preorder now), but there are also “voices of the Harlem Renaissance” featuring authors like Nella Larsen, and “American Gardens,” such as the one featuring the Brooklyn Botanic Garden. I may have to get a pack of the stamps celebrating the first moon landing for my space buff dad.
Most of these stamps are limited edition, but some stick around for a while, like the classic Breast Cancer Research stamps.
- How You Can Support the Post Office [Lifehacker]
- Postal Service may close offices, cut service ahead of election [Marketwatch/AP]
- The U.S. Postal Service Has Never Been More Important, or More Endangered [Bloomberg Businessweek]
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Workwear sales of note for 2.1.23:
- Nordstrom – Dresses, sweaters, boots, and more, up to 60% off! (Kat’s note: I made a massive order a few days ago personally; lots of major markdowns with lucky sizes.)
- Ann Taylor – Up to 60% off sale styles; $50 off full-price jackets, outerwear & shoes with code
- Athleta – Sale up to 70% off
- Banana Republic Factory – 40% off everything plus extra 15% off purchase
- Brooks Brothers – End of season sale, up to 70% off
- Everlane – Up to 70% off
- Hugo Boss – Final reductions: Up to 50% off
- J.Crew – Extra 50% off select sale styles.
- J.Crew Factory – 40% off the vacation shop; 50% off sweaters & sweatshirts
- Talbots – End of Season Clearance: Extra 60% off markdowns
Some of our latest posts here at Corporette…
- I screwed up badly on a webinar presentation for a major client – is there anything I can do to recover?
- Are people wearing jogger-type work pants to work anymore?
- What low-energy things can my DH and I do after work other than TV and doomscrolling?
- What are good hobbies, classes, or groups to meet men in?
- Do I need a button down white shirt with a suit for a law school interview, or is a neutral blouse OK?
- Can we talk about this AAM post where a woman asks if her employer can make her wear a bra?
- Has anyone left Big Law or similar job and regretted it?
- What advice are you dying to give — but no one has asked?
- Advice we’ve gotten from unusual sources…
- Would you rather marry a rich person, or someone you have a deep and emotional connection with