I got an ad for this tote bag sometime last week, and thought the pattern was s unusual and kind of beautiful — I love the way the flowers almost disappear. (It’s not quite an ombre or a gradiant effect, but it reminds me of those.)
Do note that this isn’t my preferred shape for a tote bag — I’ve definitely prefer a shoulder strap! — but the hand-held bags definitely have a certain grace and polish. I tend to associate them with luxury, to be honest — I imagine the person who carries one like this would have a very easy commute (so they aren’t carrying the bag for long periods of time), and doesn’t need to keep a ton in the bag anyway.
Readers, what are your thoughts on hand-held tote bags? Yea or nay?
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear sales of note for 9.29.23:
- Nordstrom – 28,000 markdowns, and big beauty sale!
- Ann Taylor – Extra 30% off all sale styles
- Athleta – 25% off for members, 20% off core
- Banana Republic – Up to 40% off sale styles
- Banana Republic Factory – 40% off everything + extra 20% off purchase
- Brooks Brothers – Extra 25% off women’s clearance (ends Monday 10/2) – some great basics on wool suits for women
- The Fold – Mid-season sale, up to 40% off!]
- J.Crew – Extra 60% off select sale styles, 30% off fall styles, and 30% off men’s and boys’ suiting
- J.Crew Factory – Up to 50% off everything
- M.M.LaFleur – Sale on sale, extra 10% off
- Reiss – Mid-season sale, up to 50% off
- Talbots – 25% off your entire purchase
- Theory – Friends + Family sale, 25% off sitewide
- Ulta – Fall Haul Event, up to 40% off (ends 9/30)
- Zappos – 18,500+ markdowns for women!