Curious about the next big Nordstrom sale? The big 2021 Nordstrom Half-Yearly Sale just started — check out all of our favorites from the sale here. Sign up for our newsletter to stay on top of all the great sales!
The below content is about the 2016 Nordstrom Black Friday sale.
The Nordstrom Thanksgiving Sale is so good for workwear it’s a bit of a downer to remember, ah yes, I’m supposed to be buying for other folks too. So I thought I’d put together a few quick gift ideas if you’re on the hunt — with Nordstrom’s very customer-friendly, open ended return policy, they’re great for everyone. CYBER MONDAY UPDATE: Don’t forget, Nordstrom is offering an extra 20% off select items through the end of today! (updated prices in red below).
(Check out our other favorite Black Friday Sales here.)
Pictured at top: cardigan
- Barefoot Dreams. I’ve heard great things about the drape front cardigan for YEARS, and finally got the circle cardigan during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, and I’m hooked on the super, super soft material — it’s a nylon/rayon blend that feels like cashmere but is machine washable. In addition to lots of cardigans and wraps for the women in your family (note: they come in plus sizes also!), they also make manly-looking plaid pillows (pictured above) and throw blankets. The cardigan at top is now $54-$68; the pillow is $39.
- Drinkware. Personally, I’m a total sucker for anything art deco, like these $41 double old fashioned glasses (now sold out, alas, but check out this set of whiskey glasses and decanter, now on sale for $40)— but they’ve got a ton of nice glasses on sale.
- Cashmere beanie. Kate and I were just talking about how it’s so hard to find a stylish winter hat — you either look like you’re 20 or you look like you’re 60. This cashmere beanie is highly reviewed, and on sale for $26 — it looks like a great gift idea too. It comes in ELEVEN colors. They have a ton of hats on sale though.
- Bath and beauty stuff. A bubble bath/gel is always a safe bet (this Philosophy special edition one is marked to $12 from $18, which is a pretty great deal) — but there’s a ton of fun makeup markdowns in the sale. (PLUS, there’s a “mystery beauty gift with purchase” today.) Makeup can be hard to buy for grown women — but if you’re on the hunt for a teenager or a makeup addict, there’s a lot of fun things in the Nordstrom sale. (I for some reason am drooling over most of the MAC Star Trek collection, mostly 40% off — doesn’t this illuminating powder look like a much more affordable version of Guerlain’s Meteorites?). Hmmn: this $17 shower cap looks great for the blowout addict on your gift list (now sold out, alas).
Ladies, what are you hunting for as far as gifts go? Have you gotten anything great at the Nordstrom sale?
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear sales of note for 1.19.21…
- Nordstrom – Designer clearance up to 60%
- Zappos – 34,000 sale items (for women!)! Try this link for some of the reader-favorite brands on sale.
- Saks OFF 5TH – Up to 70% off! Lots of good options in shoes.
- J.Crew Factory – Up to 50% everything; extra 50% off clearance;
- Ann Taylor – 50% off select full-price styles; extra 50% off all sale styles
- Bergdorf Goodman – Up to 70% off!
- Brooks Brothers – Up to 70% off newly added styles! (We stand by our post on what to buy at Brooks Brothers!)
- Talbots – Red Hanger Sale: 60% off original prices; all cashmere sweaters 50% off (reader favorites include this cashmere sweater and this cardigan)
- Banana Republic Factory – Extra 50% off clearance
- Net-a-Porter – Up to 80% off!
- Universal Standard – Season Finale sale, 50-85% off 300+ styles (and 20% off on new loungewear).
- Lands’ End – 50% off your order (big savings on outerwear for the family!)
- Eloquii – 50% off 1 item; 40% off everything else
Some of our latest posts here at Corporette…