Nov. 2022 Update: Curious about the next big Nordstrom sale? The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale has ended for the year — but definitely check out the major clearance sale happening along with their Black Friday deals! Unfamiliar with the NAS? Check out this page for more info on why it’s the best sale of the year.) Sign up for our newsletter to stay on top of all the major workwear sales, or check out our roundup of the latest sales on workwear!
The below content is about the 2016 Nordstrom Black Friday Sale.
Our daily workwear reports suggest one piece of work-appropriate attire in a range of prices.
Happy Cyber Monday, ladies — are you on the hunt for anything in particular today? I keep going back to the Nordstrom sale (I’ve placed like four orders now) and there’s still a ton of great stuff, including some items that are an extra 20% off in honor of Cyber Monday. (I’m still looking through the inventory to see if it’s the same clothes from earlier in the weekend. Here was our workwear roundup when the Nordstrom Thanksgiving sale began; here are some gift ideas I put together from the sale — that purple sweater at the top of the post is super soft and machine washable; I highly recommend if you’re on the hunt for yourself or a friend.) I’ll update the prices in the post if there are any changes as per today’s sale.) Designer duds like this gorgeous Max Mara dress (pictured) are on sale, but not the extra 20% off deal, alas — but it is still marked 40% off. I love the graceful, sophisticated pleat wrap, work-appropriate length, and the fact that the stylist here resisted overstyling it, letting your imagination do the work. (I’d either add a long, opera-length necklace or perhaps a heavily textured belt, like a black haircalf belt perhaps.) The dress was $745, but is now marked to $446. Max Mara ‘Sauna’ Pleat Front Jersey Dress
Seen a great piece you’d like to recommend? Please e-mail [email protected]
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Workwear sales of note for 1.31.23:
- Nordstrom – Dresses, sweaters, boots, and more, up to 60% off! (Kat’s note: I made a massive order a few days ago personally; lots of major markdowns with lucky sizes.)
- Ann Taylor – Up to 60% off sale styles; $50 off full-price jackets, outerwear & shoes with code
- Athleta – Sale up to 70% off
- Banana Republic Factory – 40% off everything plus extra 15% off purchase
- Brooks Brothers – End of season sale, up to 70% off
- Dermstore – Last chance sale (through 1/31) – take an EXTRA 10% off existing markdowns (including the ones 50% off) with code
- Everlane – Up to 70% off
- Hugo Boss – Final reductions: Up to 50% off
- J.Crew – Extra 50% off select sale styles.
- J.Crew Factory – 40% off the vacation shop; 50% off sweaters & sweatshirts
- Talbots – End of Season Clearance: Extra 60% off markdowns
- Zappos – 21,000+ sale items (for women)!
Some of our latest posts here at Corporette…
- I screwed up badly on a webinar presentation for a major client – is there anything I can do to recover?
- Are people wearing jogger-type work pants to work anymore?
- What low-energy things can my DH and I do after work other than TV and doomscrolling?
- What are good hobbies, classes, or groups to meet men in?
- Do I need a button down white shirt with a suit for a law school interview, or is a neutral blouse OK?
- Can we talk about this AAM post where a woman asks if her employer can make her wear a bra?
- Has anyone left Big Law or similar job and regretted it?
- What advice are you dying to give — but no one has asked?
- Advice we’ve gotten from unusual sources…
- Would you rather marry a rich person, or someone you have a deep and emotional connection with