Mar. 2023 Update: Curious about the next big Nordstrom sale? The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale will start July 11, 2023 — but also keep an eye out for their Half-Yearly Sale, usually the last weekend in May. Unfamiliar with the NAS? Check out this page for more info on why it’s the best sale of the year.) Sign up for our newsletter to stay on top of all the major workwear sales, or check out our roundup of the latest sales on workwear!
The below content is about the 2016 Nordstrom Black Friday sale.
WOW, YOU GUYS — the Nordstrom Thanksgiving Sale is GOOOOOOD. I’m seeing crazy sales on shoes that rarely go on sale, including Stuart Weitzman, beige Manolos marked to $385, albeit in lucky sizes, tons of Kate Spade (shoes, bags, and jewelry), new Hugo Boss and Classiques Entier markdowns, and a TON of great other selections. Some of my top picks for workwear in the Nordstrom Thanksgiving Sale are here — any favorites that you guys have had your eyes on?
Affordable Finds in the Nordstrom Thanksgiving Sale Under $50
- Windowpane check skirt, now $29.49 (and matching jacket) (skirt now $23)
- Burgundy tank, now $34.80 (now $27)
Black dandelion flutter top, now $35.40 (sold out now, alas!)
- Cobalt wrap dress, with pockets, now $44.99 (also on sale in green and red)
Gorgeous Work Dresses On Sale (All Priced $52-$101)
Purple seamed dress – Cute! Love the sleeves; available in sizes 6-16, now $52.80 (now sold out, alas)
- purple belted dress, now $64.80, now $51
navy fit and flare dress, now $88 (now sold out, alas)
- purple tweed dress, now $101 (and matching blazer) (now $81)
Other Great Work Fashion On Sale
- Classiques Entier suit — blazer now comes to $167 (now $133 + 85 for the pants!!)
- wide leg flannel trousers, now $224 (now $179)
- port blazer, now $314.98
check print blazer, now $356.98 (now sold out, alas) belted jacket, now $776 (now sold out, alas)
Other Great Workwear in the Nordstrom Thanksgiving Sale (Not Pictured)
- Tons of great black dresses, including
this $52 Charles Henry one,this $76 sweater dress, this $76 fit and flare dress,this $71 Eliza J one, or this $238 Lafayette 148 New York one (sizes 0-16 still left)
- Featured earlier on the blog: hot pink square-neck sheath dress (plus sizes too; lots of plus sizes left for $71), now $82;
this notch detail sheath dress in red for $137, this cobalt midi sheath dress (now $58)
- If you’re on the hunt for white lace things this $66 turtleneck is lovely,
as is this $59 top in lucky size L— ooh, and this white lace button-front is gorgeous (now $203)
- Great longer wool blend cardigan in regular and petite sizes, now $37
- Non-iron fitted shirt in regular and petite sizes 2-18, now $36 — actually, lots of these in regular, petite, and plus sizes
- Longer flare skirt in dark gray, now down to $41
For the weekend:
- For a warmer evening out, this strappy back dress is now $31 and looks really modern to me
This funnel neck mini sweater dress is now $39 and looks great with leggings or tights This minidress is much more expensive but it might work for more casual offices as well — it’s $269 now
Ladies, have you hit the sale yet? Which are your favorites?
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Workwear sales of note for 3.24.23:
- Ann Taylor – 40% off everything
- Athleta – 20% off shorts, swim, linen & more
- Banana Republic Factory – 40% off everything; extra 15% off purchase
- Boden – Up to 50% off
- Brooks Brothers – Clearance styles to 70% off. Some pretty serious markdowns!
- Express – 40% off dresses & tops
- J.Crew – 25% off your purchase; up to 50% off special-occasion styles
- J.Crew Factory – Up to 50% off everything; extra 15% off 3 styles; extra 20% off 4 styles; extra 50% off clearance
- Sephora – Up to 50% off select beauty
- Talbots – 25% off select styles; 25% off markdowns
Some of our latest posts here at Corporette…
And some of our latest threadjacks here at Corporette (reader questions and commentary) — see more here!
- What are your favorite parts of a typical day?
- At what point in your life (age, income level, whatever) were you able to take an annual vacation?
- What shoes can I keep at the office to go for mid-day walks (that go with everything)?
- How do you release stress or trauma that’s stored in the body?
- What are the best “networking for women events” you’ve ever been to?
- I feel like we’re burning through any savings we acquire…
- I hate my job and make 30% of what DH makes – should I quit?
- What do you keep in your office?
Love that belted blazer.
I really liked the first dress, until I saw the back. How wants a partial zipper coming up from the bottom on a work dress???
Anon in MN
Where can I find good quality cashmere sweaters, preferably long-sleeved V-neck or crew neck? I’m 5′-7″, 118 pounds, small bust, long arms. I have had a hard time finding sweaters that have some thickness to them, don’t pill, and that work with my skinny frame.
You are like Rosa, b/c she is 5″7″ and 115 pound’s (I am NOT sure about her arm’s) and she LOVES Nordstrom’s cashemere sweater’s! I would look FIRST at their website and then if you like it, go to White Plains where there is a store to try on the sweater’s! HAPPY Thanks giving to the ENTIRE HIVE!!!!! YAY!!!!
Kat, it looks to me like Nordstrom may no longer be carrying Classiques Entier in plus sizes. Could you check with Nordstrom and see what’s going on? I would be so distraught if they had cancelled that line, as it was one of my few go-to sources for high quality plus size work clothes.