12/25/21 Update: The Nordstrom Half-Yearly Sale has started — see our sale roundups and reader favorites included in the sale! Also, sign up for our newsletter to stay on top of all the great sales!
The below content is about the 2014 Nordstrom Half-Yearly Sale.
As promised, I thought I’d round up my favorites from the Nordstrom Half-Yearly Sale that just started this morning. (Note that cardholders earn double points today and tomorrow!) After 73 pages of sale clothing, I made a few notes for you guys in terms of what’s there for workwear:
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
- Lots of great dresses for work (many with sleeves — which for some reason is not one of the search options Nordstrom gives you)…
- Plus-size ladies, lots of cute plus-size work dresses
- Some reader favorites through the years are on sale, including brands like Classiques Entier, Halogen, and Tahari (lots from all of their lines)
- In terms of specific pieces: reader favorites and recent recs now on sale include the Ivy & Blu Ruched Faux Wrap Dress (many colors now down to $58 — for some reason they changed the name from the Suzi Chin Faux Wrap Jersey Dress), the recently posted Adrianna Papell Pleated Crepe Dress (3 colors down to $58), and the Adrianna Papell Side Pleat Sheath Dress (down to $70), the Olivia Moon Linen Jacket (recently featured, now down to $47), the Caslon Knit Jacket (a great machine washable blazer option if you’re on the lookout), and Caslon and Vince Camuto tees and tops
- In the “midrange” designers (not in the $1000s but still a splurge): Hugo Boss, Kate Spade (LOTS of lucky sizes, ladies!), Diane von Furstenberg, Rachel Roy, and Lafayette 148 New York
- There’s a ton of stuff from big designers that are work-friendly, including Donna Karan, Armani, St. John, Max Mara, and Missoni — LOTS of Burberry coats on sale as well
- In terms of non-workwear:
- great denim on sale including: J Brand, Citizens of Humanity, Paige Denim, 7 For All Mankind, AG, KUT from the Kloth, and NYDJ
- great selection of lingerie including: Shimera, Hanky Panky, Cosabella, Chantelle, Wacoal, and La Perla
- lots of workout/lounge clothes from Zella and Hardtail
And now, some of my favorite pieces that we haven’t posted before, in order of low to high — hover over the picture for more info on it (or click through):
(And I’m JUST realizing I have a problem with black/white/gray pieces — funny, funny.) Readers, what have you picked up at the Nordstrom sale? What are you looking forward to picking up?
Anyone know how long the sale lasts?
YAY!!! I love NORDSOMS, but I do NOT know when it is OVER. I DO know that Rosa and I am goieng to go up there RIGHT AWAY! YAY!
Butch is stoppeing by to walk me uptown. He is SO considerate — I told him about Dad and my tuchus (which he says look’s fine), but he said he would help me by walking up LEX with me, even tho he LIVES on BROOM street downtown! I think he think’s I am VERY smart b/c he keep’s telling me how smart I am. Most guy’s like to tell me how smart THEY are, but Butch does NOT even tho he is an INVESTEMENT Banker, which Rosa says is for very smart peeople! YAY! I told Butch we could walk up, but he is NOT to come into my apartement–he is fine with that b/c he has to go back to work anyway! He seem’s very hard working, which mean’s that if we MARRY, he will work to suport me and our CHILDREN! DOUBEL YAY!!!
We will have to play it careful, Myrna say’s, b/c if he seem’s to good to be true, chance’s are that they are. Dad also want’s to check him out. I told dad to let me decide if he is even worth checkeing out. Mom says I will have to have Grandma Trudy approve him (in addition to Grandma Leyeh), but I do NOT want to scare him off so soon.
What would the HIVE do here? I would apreaciate any Advise so I do NOT screw it up! YAY!!!!
And remember, if you’ve recently purchased any of these pieces you can call or online chat and get a price adjustment. I bought the Olivia Moon linen jacket in a few colors and got 40% credited back to my Nordstrom card with just a short phone call!
They’ll also do price adjustments via email as well – love Nordstrom!
I can’t click through to any of Kat’s picks and the images are tiny on my computer. Oh well. I had to share this find I saw as part of the sale though: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/rag-bone-jean-cotton-harem-pants/3676316?origin=category&BaseUrl=Clothing
ack! nothing like spending hours blogging a sale to find out that all of your links are @#$#@$ — off to fix…
YOU GUISE I’m pretty excited about this sale, because the dress I’ve been eyeing for months is still available in my size(s), but just barely. I bought it in two sizes just in case. http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/maggy-london-print-bateau-neck-cotton-sheath-dress-regular-petite/3646718?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=6018376&fashionColor=&resultback=2400&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-searchresults-_-1_7_A
Anyone else have any great finds?
I’ve been seriously thinking about the Ivanka Trump Maxy cage sandals. Not sure if they would work on my very high instep, but might be worth a try given how easy returns are.
Oooo, that is gorgeous and now I’m considering it. Question Baconpancakes- would you wear this all year round (I can’t decide if I think it would go well with black tights).
I wouldn’t wear it with black tights, but I would wear it with a black blazer in winter and a white blazer in summer. But note – the reviews all say to size up (thus the two sizes).
Gail the Goldfish
I finally live somewhere where there’s a Nordstrom! Anyone know how long the sale lasts in stores?
Because this sale is different than the NAS–these are items that have been in store for a while and are now being marked down–I think the markdowns stay (and may get even better) as long as the items are in stock, but double points for cardholders is only today and tomorrow.
Love those Shimera tanks (with the thicker straps). I have a nude one that’s basically my skin color. I wish they had more colors on sale.
Things I bought in the sale: SHOES! towels, 2 cardigans.
Things I needed: none.
But it was fun. And, free returns.
I bought the skirt; but not the jacket.
I also bought a Tahari dress and some-not-on scale makeup.
Also probably didn’t need any of it. But I love the NAS.
should be not-on-SALE. not not-on-SCALE.