2019 Update: The Nordstrom Half-Yearly Sale has started — check out all our workwear advice and Nordstrom sale roundups to make the most of the sale! Also, sign up for our newsletter to stay on top of all the great sales!
The below content is about the 2014 Nordstrom Half-Yearly Sale.
As promised, I thought I’d round up my favorites from the Nordstrom Half-Yearly Sale that just started this morning. (Note that cardholders earn double points today and tomorrow!) After 73 pages of sale clothing, I made a few notes for you guys in terms of what’s there for workwear:
- Lots of great dresses for work (many with sleeves — which for some reason is not one of the search options Nordstrom gives you)…
- Plus-size ladies, lots of cute plus-size work dresses
- Some reader favorites through the years are on sale, including brands like Classiques Entier, Halogen, and Tahari (lots from all of their lines)
- In terms of specific pieces: reader favorites and recent recs now on sale include the Ivy & Blu Ruched Faux Wrap Dress (many colors now down to $58 — for some reason they changed the name from the Suzi Chin Faux Wrap Jersey Dress), the recently posted Adrianna Papell Pleated Crepe Dress (3 colors down to $58), and the Adrianna Papell Side Pleat Sheath Dress (down to $70), the Olivia Moon Linen Jacket (recently featured, now down to $47), the Caslon Knit Jacket (a great machine washable blazer option if you’re on the lookout), and Caslon and Vince Camuto tees and tops
- In the “midrange” designers (not in the $1000s but still a splurge): Hugo Boss, Kate Spade (LOTS of lucky sizes, ladies!), Diane von Furstenberg, Rachel Roy, and Lafayette 148 New York
- There’s a ton of stuff from big designers that are work-friendly, including Donna Karan, Armani, St. John, Max Mara, and Missoni — LOTS of Burberry coats on sale as well
- In terms of non-workwear:
And now, some of my favorite pieces that we haven’t posted before, in order of low to high — hover over the picture for more info on it (or click through):
(And I’m JUST realizing I have a problem with black/white/gray pieces — funny, funny.) Readers, what have you picked up at the Nordstrom sale? What are you looking forward to picking up?