Our daily workwear reports suggest one piece of work-appropriate attire in a range of prices.
When I was a junior associate at a large firm, I had a few outfits in my closet that I kept on reserve for particularly busy weeks. The idea was to have something that was professional-looking in case I was called into a last-minute meeting, but soft and cozy enough that I would be slightly less crabby when I was still at my desk at 10:00 p.m. I haven’t had a 300-billable-hour month in quite some time, but I’m still drawn to a comfy-looking blazer for days when I want to look put-together but really don’t feel like changing out of my pajamas.
This blazer looks like it would be just right. I would wear it with a ponte dress for maximum comfort. It’s $98 at Nordstrom and available in petite sizes XXS–L, regular sizes XS–XXL, and plus sizes 1X–3X. The petite and regular sizes are available in five colors, while the plus sizes are only available in black and white. Notch Collar Cotton Blend Blazer
2020 Update: We’re adding this popular, affordable, COMFORTABLE blazer to our Workwear Hall of Fame — it’s been around for a long time, keeps coming out in new colors and sizes, and is almost always on our monthly list of most-bought items.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear sales of note for 9.26.21…
- Nordstrom – Earn 3X the points through September 26. Some reader favorites are here.
- Ann Taylor – 50% off everything plus free shipping
- The Outnet – tons of great deals on Furstenberg dresses and tops.
- Loft – 40% off your purchase
- J.Crew – 30% off your purchase or 40% off $250
- Talbots – 25% off your entire purchase
- Brooks Brothers – Sale styles up to 70% off
- Lands’ End – Up to 50% off your order
- Eloquii – 50% off all denim; 40% off everything else