Our daily workwear reports suggest one piece of work-appropriate attire in a range of prices.
When I was a junior associate at a large firm, I had a few outfits in my closet that I kept on reserve for particularly busy weeks. The idea was to have something that was professional-looking in case I was called into a last-minute meeting, but soft and cozy enough that I would be slightly less crabby when I was still at my desk at 10:00 p.m. I haven’t had a 300-billable-hour month in quite some time, but I’m still drawn to a comfy-looking blazer for days when I want to look put-together but really don’t feel like changing out of my pajamas.
This blazer looks like it would be just right. I would wear it with a ponte dress for maximum comfort. It’s $98 at Nordstrom and available in petite sizes XXS–L, regular sizes XS–XXL, and plus sizes 1X–3X. The petite and regular sizes are available in five colors, while the plus sizes are only available in black and white. Notch Collar Cotton Blend Blazer
2020 Update: We’re adding this popular, affordable, COMFORTABLE blazer to our Workwear Hall of Fame — it’s been around for a long time, keeps coming out in new colors and sizes, and is almost always on our monthly list of most-bought items.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear Sales of Note (as of 4-22-21)
- Nordstrom – Designer clearance continues up to 70% off.
- M.M.LaFleur – Up to 80% off
- Anthropologie – Extra 25% off all sale items
- Ann Taylor Factory – Extra 20% off all clearance; extra 15% $100+
- Ann Taylor – 40-60% off full-price dresses, pants, denim & skirts
- Banana Republic – 40% off purchase
- Banana Republic Factory – Up to 70% off everything
- J.Crew – Up to 40% off “dressy styles”; extra 50% off select sale styles
- Loft – Up to 50% off spring must-haves; extra 60% off all sale
- Talbots – Spring Red Hanger Sale: Extra 40% off markdowns