Our daily workwear reports suggest one piece of work-appropriate attire in a range of prices.
Mixing patterns is the mark of a truly advanced fashionista. I’ll admit, I’m not quite there yet, but this blouse is like a Pattern Mixing 101 course.
This would be a fantastic way to liven up a gray suit but would also be great with jeans for a slightly dressier weekend look. Just a warning — if you’re looking for a Zoom top, this might not be for you. The stripes can create a weird optical effect on camera that’s a little distracting.
The shirt is $275 at Nordstrom and available in sizes 0–12. Rebecca Abstract Pleated Blouse
P.S. For those of you voting in person today, here are some resources: Vote.org has detailed information on your rights as a voter. The election protection helpline is 866-687-8683. Finally, here’s some advice on handling Election Day anxiety — including an “Election Distractor.” (Also! Be careful about wearing political statements to the polls (for example, “Ruth sent me”) — you may be turned away if you can’t turn your shirt inside out or whatnot.)
If you yourself are manning the helpline, another resource to keep in mind is Georgetown Law’s 50-state survey on what to do if you see militia today with short, actionable sheets for each state. Please feel free to share more resources below!
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Seen a great piece you’d like to recommend? Please e-mail [email protected]
Workwear Sales of Note (11/24/20):
- J.Crew – 50% off your purchase and extra 60% off sale styles
- Pottery Barn, West Elm, etc. – Black Friday Sales starting early! Up to 50% off on lots of stuff.
- Zenni – 15%-25% off. We’ve started ordering my son’s eyeglasses/prescription sunglasses/tinted eyeglasses through here, and the prices are hard to beat; I’ve also got some blue-blocking nonprescription eyeglasses for my hubs in my cart.
- Lands’ End – 40% off full-price styles
- Ann Taylor – 50% off your purchase
- LOFT – Up to 60% off hundreds of styles
- Banana Republic – 50% off everything
- Nordstrom – Up to 50% off
- Lo & Sons – Up to 60% off and 6-month returns
Reader Favorites on Sale:
- This comfy notch blazer is down to $58.80 in some colors and sizes…
- These washable, lightweight stretchy trousers from Nic & Zoe are $67-$109 depending on size and color
- So many cute Zella things on sale (the fleece!)
- Tumi on sale, up to 40% off!