This post may contain affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
For busy working women, the suit is often the easiest outfit to throw on in the morning. In general, this feature is not about interview suits for women, which should be as classic and basic as you get — instead, this feature is about the slightly different suit that is fashionable, yet professional.
Let’s start the year with a bang, shall we — this Akris suiting certainly fits that bill. I’m very intrigued by the suit, but have the usual questions with extremely loud, expensive suits — who is the market for this suit? I’m guessing a very bold woman who has lots of money and desire to spend on suits. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything quite like this one.
As I went hunting for the matching pants, I realized it could actually be kind of versatile when paired with a solid color, since there are so many to pick from. Pair it with black pants and a white blouse! Pair it with a dark gray sheath dress! Go even bolder and pair it with a lavender blouse and dark orange pants! They are all bold looks, to be sure — but the overall effect could be very different. Lots of options — I think Akris is even offering some solid cobalt-colored pants if you prefer that.
The blazer is $3,990, and the matching pants are $1,390. It is apparently a collaboration between Akris and Reinhard Voigt (a German artist and ceramist) — and there’s a matching dress and blouse. Wow.
Psst: not at all similar, but this is a nice sale on a mint plus-sized suit from Lafayette 148 New York.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear sales of note for 12.7.23
Our favorites are in bold!
- Nordstrom – Holiday sale up to 50% off; up to 40% off selected designer styles
- Ann Taylor – 40% off your purchase & extra 15% off sweaters
- Banana Republic – 40% off your purchase; up to 40% off sale styles
- Banana Republic Factory – 50% off everything & extra 20% off purchase; Gap Inc. cardmembers take extra 25% off
- ba&sh – Winter sale up to 50% off
- Bergdorf Goodman – Designer sale up to 40% off; extra 15% off sale; complimentary same-day delivery
- Brooklinen – 25% off best sellers, up to 40% off bundles!
- Club Monaco – 25% off almost everything
- J.Crew – 40% off your purchase with code; up to 50% off coats; up to 60% off present picks
- Loft – 40% off your purchase plus extra 15% off
- Lo & Sons – Up to 50% off plus extended return policy — reader favorites include this laptop tote, this backpack, and this crossbody
- Sephora – 20% off purchase with code; 30% off all Sephora Collection
- Summersalt – Up to 60% off select styles (this reader-favorite sweater blazer is 40% off)
- Talbots – 40% off your regular-price purchase; 50% off all sweaters, coats, shoes & accessories; readers love this cashmere boatneck and this cashmere cardigan, as well as their sweater blazers in general
- Theory – Extra 25% off everything; extra 10% off with Apple Pay
- Theory Outlet – Last-chance styles 70-80% off; extra 25% off sweaters; readers love this T-shirt