For busy working women, the suit is often the easiest outfit to throw on in the morning. In general, this feature is not about interview suits for women, which should be as classic and basic as you get — instead, this feature is about the slightly different suit that is fashionable, yet professional.
We haven’t done a roundup of lightweight, summer suiting in a while, but J.Crew’s stretch linen is usually good for the hottest of days (the ones where you curse having to be in conservative office attire). They have a bunch of fun colors right now, and this bright, happy red looks like it would pop nicely on Zoom — I’d try it with a light blue accent like a necklace or tank beneath it if you wanted more of a “look.”
(The pieces also come in white, beige, “golden sun” yellow, and certain sizes and pieces may also be available in navy and a light blue “sea spray.” The Parke blazer has been around for yeaaaars, so it’s a solid investment.
(FYI: J.Crew has extended their return and exchange period to 60 days for all orders placed starting March 1, 2020.)
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear Sales of Note (as of 4-16-21)
- Nordstrom – Designer clearance continues up to 70% off.
- M.M.LaFleur – The Warehouse Sale: Up to 80% off
- Anthropologie – Extra 50% off all sale items; up to 30% off 250+ spring styles
- Ann Taylor Factory – Extra 20% off all clearance; up to 60% off latest styles
- Ann Taylor – 50% off everything
- Banana Republic – Up to 40% off curated styles; extra 60% off sale
- Banana Republic Factory – 50% off everything; extra 20% off purchase
- Eloquii – 40-60% off all dresses & tops
- J.Crew – 30% off your purchase; 40% off $200+
- J.Crew Factory – 60% off spring faves; up to 50% off everything; extra 60% off clearance; 50-60% off sandals
- Lands’ End – 30% off full-price styles
- Loft – 50% off your purchase; extra 20% off your plus purchase