For busy working women, the suit is often the easiest outfit to throw on in the morning. In general, this feature is not about interview suits for women, which should be as classic and basic as you get — instead, this feature is about the slightly different suit that is fashionable, yet professional.
This lovely suit from Reiss is a good example of my theory on how denim styles influence workwear — I’m seeing a lot of high-waisted pleated pants for work right now, all of which will look lovely with a sleek, tucked-in top, or even some of the bodysuits for work outfits we rounded up a month or so ago.
What do you think, readers — if you’re on the hunt for suits right now, what kind of pant cuts are you looking for? Cropped? Trousers with straight or slightly bootcut legs?
(This also gets into my theory on why skirt suits are in some ways more “classic” than pantsuits…)
The pictured suit is available in sizes 0–12; the blazer is $475; the pants are $285.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear sales of note for 9.22.21…
- Nordstrom – Earn 3X the points through September 26. Some reader favorites are here.
- Ann Taylor – 40% off your purchase
- Loft – Jeans, pants & leggings starting at $39.50
- Talbots – Buy one, get one 50% off
- Brooks Brothers – Up to 70% off
- Lands’ End – 40% off full-price styles
- Eloquii – Select jackets & coats $49; 40% off everything else