Our daily workwear reports suggest one piece of work-appropriate attire in a range of prices.
Express has some fantastic workwear, but their styling isn’t doing them any favors! This ivory sweater jacket would be a great piece for professional outfits, so please go ahead and ignore the fact that it has been paired with jean shorts in this photo. Instead, picture it layered over a black sheath for a classic look or worn buttoned-up with a pair of slim-fitting trousers. It would even be a great piece to keep in the office to throw on over any outfit in the event of an unexpected meeting.
But no matter what, and I cannot stress this enough, jorts are a no-go for a business casual/business formal office. (I know you all know that, I just felt it needed to be said.)
The blazer is $128 at Express and comes in sizes XS–XL. It also comes in black.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear sales of note for 12.8.21…
- Nordstrom – Designer clearance!
- Ann Taylor – 40% off your purchase
- Loft – Up to 50% off
- J.Crew – Extra 50% off sale styles; extra 60% off dressy holiday styles
- J.Crew Factory – 40–60% off winter faves; up to 60% off everything; extra 50% off clearance
- Banana Republic Factory – 50% off everything
- Lands’ End – Up to 70% off