|I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again: for affordable suit separates I really like the “every day value” lines at Macy’s, with pieces such as this Anne Klein Pencil Skirt. It’s available in sizes 0-16, it’s lined, and it has a matching jacket and pant. The skirt is $59.98. Anne Klein Skirt, Pencil|
|A few months ago, Nordstrom changed the design of the Halogen skirt, angering many readers who had considered the prior incarnation to be the perfect pencil skirt. While change can be maddening, I still hear many readers singing the praises of this one, and it’s still highly reviewed on the Nordstrom website. It’s currently available in more than a dozen colors, regular and petites, for $34-$69. Halogen® Seamed Pencil Skirt|
|J.Crew’s No. 2 pencil skirt in double-serge wool is another classic. Right now it’s available in 3 basic colors (black, tan, gray) for $130, and a variety of fun colors for $98. (Oh, and it’s available in regular, petites, and talls, sizes 00-16.) No. 2 pencil skirt in double-serge wool|
|I think this woo/Lycra blend looks like the perfect pencil skirt. I like that it’s fully lined and has an invisible zipper. It’s $148 at Brooks Brothers (sizes 0-16). Wool Pencil Skirt|
|This well-reviewed skirt from BOSS Black is a tropical-weight wool, with a bit of stretch for added comfort. I like the slightly wider waistband. It’s available in sizes 2-14, for $250. BOSS Black ‘Veronice’ Tropical Wool Skirt|
|Bouclé can be tricky in jackets (it never seems to lay right, it always seems to add weight, etc) but it works surprisingly well for pencil skirts. I love the bit of nubby texture, as well as what looks like a nice fitted shape. It’s $395 at Nordstrom. Moschino Cheap & Chic Bouclé Wool Pencil Skirt|
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Workwear sales of note for 8.10.22…
- Saks Fifth Avenue – Designer sale, up to 70% off!
- Neiman Marcus – Sale’s on sale, up to 75% off!
- Nordstrom – 7,000 new markdowns for women
- Lo & Sons – Up to 50% off!
- Athleta – More sale styles added, up to 50% off! Readers particularly love this wrap, these linen shorts, these shorts, these joggers, and their skorts in general.
- Of Mercer – Warehouse sale: Up to 60% off
- Loft – 60-70% off sale styles; 40% off 2+ full-price styles
- J.Crew – Up to 50% off wear-now styles
- J.Crew Factory – 40% off jewelry, shoes, and more; extra 15% off 3+ styles; 2 for $30 tees
Other Sales of Note:
- Buffy – Up to 15% off their bedding
- Parachute – Save up to 40% off last-chance items.
- Rejuvenation – 100s of clearance items added. (Readers love their lighting.)
Some of our latest posts here at Corporette…