I think most offices, at this point, have transitioned from their pandemic policies to whatever is next for the company policy — I know this can create a lot of flux! I’m curious: What is your ideal work location, if you could choose? What is your current work situation, and does it reflect your ideal?
Here are the questions:
- How has your company’s policy changed, and do you think it’s still in flux?
- Are you in the office all the time, or only some of the time?
- Do you still have your own office or cubicle, or are you hot-desking?
- If you’re remote for some or all of the time, do you prefer to WFH — or somewhere else, like a coffee shop?
- (If you live with other people, how has their situation(s) affected yours?)
- What is your ideal work location, and are you seeking a new job because of it (seeking all remote work or all in-office work?)
I’d also wonder how seniority plays into this — I’ve seen a lot of chatter about how hard it is to teach new lawyers how to be lawyers remotely, for example.
As I noted back in early 2020, also, working from home doesn’t necessarily mean working from your kitchen table. Some people prefer to go to coffee shops, libraries, or even hotel lobbies to get their work done. Having your own office, set up just for you, makes a huge difference also! Depending on your company policy, you could even become a digital nomad and live elsewhere in the country or world.
What is your ideal work location this year — office, WFH, remote, or hybrid?
Stock photo via Stencil.