Our daily workwear reports suggest one piece of work-appropriate attire in a range of prices.
I think we can all agree that the typical office dress code is having a bit of an identity crisis lately. If it’s any indication, I saw a shorts suit advertised recently, and my initial response was “Oh, that’s cute,” and not the wailing, raging, and gnashing of teeth that it would have elicited five years ago. (But still, please don’t wear a shorts suit to your white-shoe law firm. Trust me.)
Regardless of where your office is falling on the business casual spectrum, a well-fitting solid sheath dress is always a good option to have on hand. If you’ve already got black and navy covered, I think a jewel tone, like this one from Ann Taylor, is a great wardrobe addition. For a more casual look, I’d wear a white oxford underneath with some fun jewelry. For a client meeting, I’d add a navy blazer and some great shoes.
The dress is $139 at Ann Taylor and comes in regular sizes 00–16, petite sizes 00–16, and tall sizes 0–18.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear sales of note for 8.16.22…
- Dermstore – Anniversary sale, up to 25% off!
- Saks Fifth Avenue – Designer sale, up to 70% off!
- Neiman Marcus – Sale’s on sale, up to 75% off!
- Nordstrom – 7,000 new markdowns for women
- Lo & Sons – Up to 50% off!
- Of Mercer – Warehouse sale: Up to 60% off
- Loft – 60-70% off sale styles; 40% off 2+ full-price styles
- J.Crew – Up to 50% off wear-now styles
- J.Crew Factory – 40% off jewelry, shoes, and more; extra 15% off 3+ styles; 2 for $30 tees
Other Sales of Note: