I recently bought Garmin’s Vivosmart 4 fitness tracker — almost on impulse — and I’m really happy with my decision. I wanted an option that was somewhere between a pedometer and a device that cost hundreds of dollars and does way more than I need. The main reasons I got it are to motivate myself to both exercise more and form better sleep habits, and to keep track of fitness stats like my resting heart rate.
I really like that it’s relatively small and is comfortable enough to wear 24/7 (which I do, except for showering; the manual says to avoid getting soap on it, but swimming is fine). It has a nice range of colors available, and I chose the light blue. The battery lasts for days, and it charges via USB.
The Vivosmart is easy to use (once you learn what the icons mean — the screen is tiny, so not a lot fits on there), and the Garmin Connect app is great, too. It gets data from the Vivosmart via Bluetooth, and you can customize the display of your daily stats/values; for example, I removed Weight because I track that elsewhere. (You can also customize the screen of the device itself — it always includes the time of day.)
Until quarantine, I wore this Citizen watch every day — and since my Vivosmart arrived, it’s been on my wrist every day instead. I’ve been very happy with it so far and highly recommend it — but if you’re looking for a much more thorough review (including a video), try this one.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear sales of note for 1.14.21…
- Nordstrom – Designer clearance up to 60%; Zella up to 20% off through Jan. 17
- Zappos – 33,000 sale items (for women!)! Try this link for some of the reader-favorite brands on sale.
- Saks OFF 5TH – Extra 20% off! Lots of good options in shoes.
- J.Crew Factory – Up to 60% off everything; extra 60% off clearance
- Ann Taylor – 40% off full-price styles; extra 60% off all sale styles
- Bergdorf Goodman – Up to 75% off!
- Brooks Brothers – Up to 70% off! (We stand by our post on what to buy at Brooks Brothers!)
- Talbots – Red Hanger Sale ends Jan. 17: 60% off original prices! (reader favorites include this cashmere sweater and this cardigan)
- Banana Republic Factory – 50% off everything
- Net-a-Porter – Up to 80% off!
- Universal Standard – Season Finale sale, 50-85% off 300+ styles (and 20% off on new loungewear).
- Lands’ End – Up to 70% off your order (big savings on outerwear for the family!)
- Eloquii – Semi-Annual Clearance! Up to 80% off; 40% off full-price styles
- Eddie Bauer – Up to 60% off for a limited time!