This post may contain affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Liking these posts? Follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook — this is the edited version of what we’re reading! (We also Tweet if we hear about a good sale through our CorporetteDeals Twitter feed.)
– I’m honored to announce that not only will I be guest blogging for Lucky next week, but that Corporette is featured in this month’s magazine! Check us out on page 68. I’ll be having a Facebook chat with Lucky readers (and hopefully some Corporette readers!) on Monday, June 13, from 3:00 to 3:30 ET.
– Forget the glass ceiling — worry about the glass staircase (at least in terms of what to wear).
– Fashionista rounds up the 3 products you didn’t know you needed for an at-home-manicure (all are new to me and sound great!).
– WSJ’s The Juggle recommends putting together a “personal board of directors.” Meanwhile, Focus has some great tips on how to be assertive instead of aggressive at work. And we have two sources this week for how to deal with annoying co-workers (The New Professional as well as U.S. News) while The Office Ingenue talks about how to build relationships with your coworkers.
– Wisebread has 5 tips to remember names. (For my own $.02, after meeting someone for the first time I try to say their name several times, and I keep records in my address book of the names of spouses, kids, dogs, and more.)
– If you and your significant other get up at significantly different times, the WSJ reviews an alarm clock that may be just what the doctor ordered.
– Finally: I mentioned this on Facebook, but think I forgot to mention it here: I’m quoted in Jones New York’s “Little Black Book of Career Advice” (I’m in with the Ks). You can submit your two cents as well — just send in a picture and your own top career advice!