Like these posts? Follow us on Twitter or Facebook — this is the edited version of what we’re reading! (We also Tweet if we hear about a good sale through our CorporetteDeals Twitter feed.) You can also follow us on Pinterest and Instagram, or by our RSS feed.
- Forbes introduces you to MICA, the new “smart bracelet” from Intel.
- Check out Kat’s advice in this Real Simple article about workwear fashion and this Reading Eagle story about tattoos at the office.
- Time offers a list of five simple emails you should send regularly, ranging from a note of thanks to a coworker to a message to a friend inviting her to coffee.
- Popforms gives some advice on how to handle being fired and then move on.
- The Wall Street Journal hears from “the Accelerators,” its startup mentor panel, on gender imbalance among entrepreneurs and how to tackle it.
- The Washington Post reports that the states in the Northeast offer women the best opportunities for employment and earnings. The top-ranking “state,” however, is Washington, D.C., with neighbors Maryland and Virginia close behind, in the number-two and number-four spots, respectively.
- Above the Law looks at the results from the American Lawyer’s 2014 Associate Survey.
- PopSugar Smart Living tells us about a new job hunting app called Poacht.
- NPR talks to a University of Chicago law professor about those terms of service agreements that almost everyone agrees to without reading. (Do you?)
On CorporetteMoms Recently…
- We talked about using maternity leave to learn something (TED talks? Coursera?) — when we’re not giving our brains a much-needed break by binge-watching “Gilmore Girls,” of course.
- Check out Kat’s recent recs for moms and non-moms alike.