Like these posts? Follow us on Twitter or Facebook — this is the edited version of what we’re reading! (We also Tweet if we hear about a good sale through our CorporetteDeals Twitter feed.) You can also follow us on Pinterest and Instagram, or by our RSS feed.
- Which shoes are the most popular buys at Zappos? SheFinds finds out.
- Total Beauty has a handy guide listing the return policies of many beauty-product retailers.
- Here’s a key quote from a recent Fortune story: “For women in the workplace, the whole appearance topic is nothing short of a contradiction-riddled minefield” (h/t to The Broadsheet). Sounds about right.
- Bloomberg shares some conclusions from the World Economic Forum’s new report on the gender gap in the workplace, including this one: globally, women and men will achieve economic equality in … 2095. Because of a reduction in the gender pay gap and an increased number of women in key government roles, the U.S. ranked 20th this year, up three places from last year.
- Road Warriorette gives you several tips on eating well when you’re traveling for work.
- 40% and Rising — “an organization by and for primary breadwinning women” — encourages you to sign up to receive an email when the organization opens membership to the general public later this year.
- Lifehacker shares a video that shows you how to improve your posture at your desk.
- The Harvard Business Review looks at two studies that reveal how people’s spouses can affect their performance at work.
- The New York Times talks to Reese Witherspoon about her latest roles, including the lead role in Wild, based on Cheryl Strayed’s memoir. She says, “We save ourselves. Every woman knows it. Every man knows it. You look up. Nobody’s coming to the rescue. It’s a universal story. But it’s revolutionary in the way that a woman is allowed to tell it.”
- The Onion chronicles an office dilemma…
On CorporetteMoms Recently…
- We talked about what makes a job “family-friendly.”
- Kat shared some picks for moms and non-moms alike.