- Racked sings the praises of, yes, Crocs — and chronicles the rise of Old Navy.
- Byrdie recommends some non-drying matte lipsticks.
- How would you react if “power shoulderpads” became mainstream again?! (The New York Times)
- Members of Generation Z (people in their teens and early 20s) are clearly not fans of email, reports The Wall Street Journal.
- Entrepreneur lists four ways to become a leader.
- The New York Times has an opinion piece by Julia Baird about mansplaining, the “manologue,” and the different speaking habits of men and women.
- The Atlantic takes a look at a surprising statistic — that “nearly half of American adults are ‘financially fragile’ and ‘living very close to the financial edge.'”
- Harvard Business Review reviews a survey experiment that showed how simply thinking about not being the breadwinner affects men’s thoughts about other things.
- Self tells you what to do if you happen to choke while you’re alone. (One more tip: If you call 911 for such an emergency, consider unlocking your front door first.)
- From The Onion this week: “Woman Leaving Meeting Worried She Came Off As Too Competent.”
Psst: Don’t forget that Administrative Professionals Day is next Wednesday, April 27.
On CorporetteMoms Recently…
- We talked about going back to work after maternity leave.
- Kat shared some clothes for working moms, including some maternity basics and washable office clothes.