This post may contain affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Fashionista shared fashion inspiration from celebrities wearing suits to red-carpet events.
- Elle offered five ways to style a black blazer to make it less basic.
- The Cut requested lifetime VIB status at Sephora for anyone who spends at least $350 there in one year (current policy is to spend at least $350 every year to make VIB).
- The Strategist offered a list of beauty brands under $30 (link is a couple months old but still worth a look).
- Fashionista also reported how beauty brands are trying to be less wasteful.
- Self offered healthy dinner ideas to try all week long.
- The Cut also explained why you should be following former SATC star Cynthia Nixon’s campaign for New York governor.
- The New York Times shared a list of — no kidding — jobs where women are outnumbered by men named “John” (and James and Michael and other men’s names).
- Refinery29 offered an explanation why millennial women don’t want to discuss their salaries: They’re competitive with each other, and they fear their peers will judge them for making too little or too much.
- Ask a Manager suggested why “Administrative Professionals’ Day,” formerly “Secretaries’ Day,” should no longer be a thing. (Earlier this week we offered an open thread about Administrative Professionals’ Day.)
- The Daily Mail reported how the internet reacted to a Marie Claire article about Meghan Markle’s gray hair that Marie Claire called “magnificent.” (Note: This is probably the only time you’ll see the Daily Mail in our news updates!)
- For your Laugh of the Week, McSweeney’s shared what your sad desk lunch says about you.
On CorporetteMoms Recently…
- We asked, what crazy things have you done to get your kids to sleep?
- We offered some clothes for working moms, including some maternity basics and washable workwear.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you! Also: Are you a mom or mom-to-be? Don’t miss this week’s news update at CorporetteMoms.