Like these posts? Follow us on Twitter or Facebook — this is the edited version of what we’re reading! You can also follow us on Pinterest and Instagram, or via our RSS feed.
- Quartzy shared why jumpsuits are making their way into the boardroom.
- Austin Business Journal offered five ways to style a black dress for work.
- NBC explained how to talk to your stylist to get the haircut you really want.
- Slate suggested how to know if you’ve found your “dream job.”
- Business Insider gave six ideas from experts to impress an audience at your next presentation.
- CNBC provided tips for how to follow up after meeting a new business contact.
- CNBC also reported how companies are addressing workplace stress.
- Marie Claire provided how to ask for a promotion.
- Fast Company offered advice from CEOs to new grads that could benefit all of us.
- The New York Times took us on a journey through the trends of Generation X.
- Washingtonian suggested how to ride your bike to work. (Today, May 17, is National Bike to Work Day.)
- Your Laugh of the Week: McSweeney’s shared some helpful self-care ideas.
On CorporetteMoms Recently…
- We continued our Week in the Life of a Working Mom series with an associate professor in Norway.
- We took a look in the CorporetteMoms time capsule.
- We offered some clothes for working moms, including some maternity basics and washable workwear.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you! Also: Are you a mom or mom-to-be? Don’t miss this week’s news update at CorporetteMoms.
I encourage the HIVE to read the Marie Claire article on how to get promoted at work! I did not have the benefit of this article, but had Dad to help me. If everyone read this, we women would begin to take charge of our workplaces and ultimately break free of the male domination that causes us to be subjugated. Read it, and see if you agree! YAY!!!