This post may contain affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- The Wall Street Journal discussed how more women prefer “power dresses” over suits.
- Who What Wear shared eight fall lip colors to try.
- The Pinkcast provided advice on how to be less annoyed — and less annoying — at work.
- The Boston Globe shared that two years after #MeToo, gender-based hostility has increased in the workplace.
- The New York Times suggested how to handle mental illness at work.
- NPR reported that the government has denied 99% of loan-forgiveness requests under the new Temporary Expanded Public Service Loan Forgiveness program.
- The Muse explained that Adele Lim, a co-writer on Crazy Rich Asians, quit when she found out her white male co-writer was making up to 10 times her salary to write the sequel.
- The Muse also remembered Valerie Harper for her role as Rhoda, “someone being honest about feeling adrift at 32, uninterested in settling yet scared of what happens to women too stubborn to smile while accepting less.”
- Huffington Post interviewed actress and activist June Diane Raphael about what inspired her to encourage women to run for office, including her own political aspirations.
- Book Riot offered reviews of Margaret Atwood’s The Testaments, a sequel to The Handmaid’s Tale.
- Business Insider shared that a passenger brought her mini horse on a flight as a service animal.
- Laugh of the Week: The Onion reported that the nation is baffled that a 30-something woman doesn’t have children OR a high-powered career.
On CorporetteMoms Recently…
- We asked readers how do you deal with back-to-school stress as a parent.
- We took a look in the CorporetteMoms time capsule.
- We offered some clothes for working moms, including some maternity basics and washable workwear.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you! Also: Are you a mom or mom-to-be? Don’t miss this week’s news update at CorporetteMoms.