Coronavirus-Related News & Resources
- Today offered advice on visiting a hair salon right now.
- NPR pondered the future of remote work.
- Harvard Business Review gave advice on how to network during the pandemic.
- Insider looked at the consequences of missing out on small talk with strangers and chats with coworkers.
- For your quarantine-watching pleasure: Rolling Stone provided their picks for the best TV shows of 2020 so far.
In Other News…
- The Cut reported that Johnson & Johnson will stop selling skin-lightening creams, while The BBC shared that Unilever will rename its Fair & Lovely cream.
- The Guardian noted that a New Zealand supermarket chain has become the first in the world to use the word “period” to describe menstrual products.
- Elle listed 22 Black-owned skincare brands; also check out the new website Five Fifths, the largest online list of Black-owned restaurants and online businesses.
- Vox’s The Goods explained how companies who hire new leaders to help with race might also be setting them up to fail.
- Gen published a piece from Leigh Stein about the end of the girlboss era.
- The New York Times reported that NASA will name its Washington, D.C., headquarters after Mary Jackson, its first Black woman engineer and one of the subjects of the film Hidden Figures.
- Marie Claire compiled tips to getting involved in local politics.
- Lifehacker recommended checking Chrome for extensions that contain malware.
- Your Laugh of the Week comes from The Belladonna, which brings you password recovery questions for women who kept their names after marriage.
On CorporetteMoms Recently…
- We looked at where to find the best kids’ face masks for coronavirus.
- We offered some clothes for working moms, including some maternity basics and washable workwear.