For busy working women, the suit is often the easiest outfit to throw on in the morning. In general, this feature is not about interview suits for women, which should be as classic and basic as you get — instead, this feature is about the slightly different suit that is fashionable, yet professional.
In your opinion, what is the best Ann Taylor suiting line if you’re hunting for a basic interview suit? We haven’t addressed this pressing question in years.
I was just thinking how the Bi-Stretch line has so many great options. I love the cutaway blazer, pictured above, and the sheath dress is one of the best I’ve seen: flattering scoopneck (not too low, not too high) with cap sleeves, making it thoroughly layerable but also appropriate for most offices. There’s another blazer option as well, and ankle and straight pants in regular and curvy sizes 00-18, regular and petite. (ZOMG and the sheath dress has zippered pockets!! Actually, a lot of the pants have flattering pockets also.)
As for the fabric, the poly/rayon/spandex blend is a 4-way stretch that is machine washable. Some of the product descriptions note that the pieces are lined (dress, blazer, skirt).
(If unlined workwear bothers you, you can check out our older post on what to wear beneath unlined suit pants — I’d love to hear if anyone has any other solutions than what we recommend!)
The gray suiting options are online exclusives; the pieces are $98-$198. (The line is also available in black and lavender.)
(As for the other Ann Taylor suiting lines, the brand has a fun new Ann Taylor suiting guide — for my $.02, the seasonless stretch also looks great for classic suiting, but a bit boring. The cross weave suiting looks cute, but personally I’m not a fan of the double-breasted blazer or the top in suiting material (and the dress, while really cute, strikes me as hard to layer under a blazer) The double knit line looks great on the models, but the sheath dress looks a bit too matronly for my taste. And stretch cotton suiting, while lovely, is really only great for warm weather (plus it can wrinkle).)
(Unfortunately, all suiting is excluded from the 50% off sale Ann Taylor has going on right now.)
Readers who’ve bought suits at Ann Taylor recently, what are your thoughts — what do you think is the best Ann Taylor suiting line?
Psst: if you’re interested, here’s the latest in the bankruptcy case against their former owner.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear sales of note for 5.20.22…
- Nordstrom – 2,300 new markdowns!
- Gap – Extra 50% off sale styles; extra 10% off full-price styles
- Banana Republic Factory – 50% off everything
- J.Crew Factory – Up to 50% off new arrivals; extra 50% off clearance; 20% off $125+
- Zappos – 34,000 sale items (for women)! Try this link for some of the reader-favorite brands on sale.
- J.Crew – 30% off your purchase, including sale styles; 50% off hot-weather styles
- Talbots – Extra 40% off markdowns, 30% off full-price dresses, skirts, shoes & accessories
- Loft – 50% off tops & accessories
- Ann Taylor – Extra 50% off all sale styles; full-price styles: 40% off 3+, 30% off 2, 20% off 1
- Lands’ End – 50% off swimwear; up to 60% off everything else
- Saks OFF 5th: Designer new arrivals up to 60% off; extra 40% off fine jewelry
- Bite Beauty: 50% off sitewide (final sale, as they’re going out of business, unfortunately)