This post may contain affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Imagine this: It’s the day before a big event for work, and you suddenly realize there’s a problem with the outfit you had planned on wearing. So let’s discuss: Where should you shop if you need something ASAP?
(SURE, you can always just head to your local mall — but let’s assume you’re a weird size, or trapped in meetings all day and therefore MUST shop online.)
Where to Shop If You Need Clothing ASAP
Online Clothing Sites that Offer In-Store Pickup
There are a few stores that tell you whether the item is in your local store — you can often even arrange for same-day, curbside pickup. It’s funny, when I started writing this post I would have said Nordstrom and Target were two of the only ones, but there’s actually a huge list of workwear stores that offer in-store pickup.
- Ann Taylor
- Banana Republic
- Banana Republic Factory
- Bloomingdale’s (they have a link in the upper-right corner where you can shop things that are in-stock in your store)
- Brooks Brothers
- Cole Haan
- J.Crew Factory
- Macy’s — has a link in the upper-right corner where you can “shop your store”
- Target (not great for work events whether it’s a suit or dress kind of thing, but STILL)
- White House Black Market
Note that some stores (cough, Abercrombie) allow you to SHIP to the store, but there’s no guarantee on timing that I can see. Some of the fast fashion sites like H&M sell out of things so quickly that they’re honest they can only give you an estimate of what’s in stock at each store.
Clothing Sites with Fast Shipping
Who among us hasn’t placed an order with Amazon and then been surprised when they’re like, “So is 4 a.m. tomorrow good for you for delivery?” I also always used to think about Zappos as having super fast shipping. But let’s look around…
- Amazon: You can see the items available for “same-day delivery” here.
- Ann Taylor: Next-day business shipping is $25.
- ASOS: They offer express delivery for $8.99 and next-day delivery for $20. (They also offer free, unlimited Express shipping with ASOS Premier at $24.99 a year.)
- Bloomingdale’s: Depending where you are, they may offer same-day or next-day delivery for $20 (via DoorDash).
- J.Crew: Expedited shipping is $15; overnight shipping is $25, and Saturday delivery is $35.
- Madewell: Offers expedited shipping for $15 (free if you’re a Madewell Star or Icon), and overnight shipping for $25.
- NET-A-PORTER: They note that delivery availability varies by item, but they offer same-day service (with a 2-hour delivery window) for $25 — and you can select a nominated date for delivery up to six days in advance, which could be handy if you want to keep your options open while traveling to a wedding or whatnot. Next-business day shipping is also available for $25. Sister site The Outnet also offers next-day shipping for $25.
- Nordstrom: For the NYC area, they offer same-day delivery; otherwise they offer 2-business-day delivery for $12, and next business day for $20. Sister site Nordstrom Rack offers 2-day shipping for $15, and next-day for $25.
- Revolve (and sister site Frwd): Free 2-day shipping is available; they also offer UPS Next Day Saver for $24 and UPS Next Day for $30 (additional items are slightly more, or they max the shipping price at $50).
- Shopbop: They offer free 1-3 day shipping on all orders; guaranteed two-day shipping is $10 and next-day shipping is $25. They also offer guaranteed Saturday delivery for $30.
- Theory: They offer next-day delivery for $25.
- Zappos: With Zappos VIP (free to join) you can generally get 2-day delivery.
This obviously is not an exhaustive list, so what are some of the sites you know of with “same-day pickup” or “next-day delivery” options? Where do you shop if you need clothing ASAP?
Stock photo via Deposit Photos / luna123.