Like these posts? Follow us on Twitter or Facebook — this is the edited version of what we’re reading! (We also Tweet if we hear about a good sale through our CorporetteDeals Twitter feed.) You can also follow us on Pinterest or Instagram.
- SheFinds ponders what to do if you hate the color of the year (radiant orchid). (My $.02: don’t wear it. That said, I’m sure it will come as a surprise to no one that fuchsia was actually one of my favorite colors in the crayon box — I still like it as a pop with navy and gray.)
- Popsugar Smart Living tells you eight reasons you didn’t get the promotion. Meanwhile, Ask a Manager ponders whether you can inquire about salary before flying 1000+ miles for a job interview. (We’ve also talked about long-distance job hunting here.)
- Huffington Post blogger Mary Hughes has a good to-do list for women who would like to see more women in charge. On the flip side, Above the Law reminds us that misogynistic holiday cards are apparently still cool for some all-male law firms.
- Road Warriorette talks about how to get healthy snacks through security.
- Apartment Therapy has great advice about hiring a housekeeper (another thing we’ve talked about here).
- Eek: Carolyn Hax counsels a 40-something reader who lied to her new boyfriend about being on birth control — and is now pregnant.
Did we miss anything? Add ‘em here, or send them to [email protected] Thank you!