I purchased this little timer a few weeks ago in white, and I have to say it’s pretty clever — you rotate it from side to side to give yourself chunks of time to focus and do tasks. Mine has 5-, 15-, 30-, and 60-minute increments — you basically just turn it so the time you want is on top of the box, and then the screen rotates to show you how much time remains. There’s a little beep to let you know the timer has started, and a blinking red light. Then when the time is up, it buzzes. (It’s totally silent in the interim.)
The buzzer is a bit annoying — I just turn it screen-side down to shut it off immediately, and then usually forget about it.
But I’m finding I do use this, and often — I’ll try to give myself a “power hour” to Do the Things I Don’t Want to Do, or to break the work into segments like the Pomodoro method specifies. (They don’t have a 25-minute option, but I’ve never really felt like there’s been magic in that particular number anyway, at least for me.) I could also see it being great if you’ve got a billable hour!
I feel like it’s a bit superior to using Siri — just picking up my phone can lead to a world of distractions sometimes. And I tried to use the app Forest previously, but neither the phone nor PC version really worked well for me.
The timer cube is $18.90 and comes in a variety of colors. (My description of how it works all applies to the white one, since it seems the time options may be different depending on what color you get.) I recommend!
Readers, what other fun ways do you have to manage your time?
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear sales of note for 1.19.21…
- Nordstrom – Designer clearance up to 60%
- Zappos – 34,000 sale items (for women!)! Try this link for some of the reader-favorite brands on sale.
- Saks OFF 5TH – Up to 70% off! Lots of good options in shoes.
- J.Crew Factory – Up to 50% everything; extra 50% off clearance;
- Ann Taylor – 50% off select full-price styles; extra 50% off all sale styles
- Bergdorf Goodman – Up to 70% off!
- Brooks Brothers – Up to 70% off newly added styles! (We stand by our post on what to buy at Brooks Brothers!)
- Talbots – Red Hanger Sale: 60% off original prices; all cashmere sweaters 50% off (reader favorites include this cashmere sweater and this cardigan)
- Banana Republic Factory – Extra 50% off clearance
- Net-a-Porter – Up to 80% off!
- Universal Standard – Season Finale sale, 50-85% off 300+ styles (and 20% off on new loungewear).
- Lands’ End – 50% off your order (big savings on outerwear for the family!)
- Eloquii – 50% off 1 item; 40% off everything else