One of my favorite cocktails is the Bee’s Knees, and I made some for friends recently and realized: I didn’t have the right kind of glass! I served them in the typical martini glass, which will do in a pinch, but really the drink calls for an old-timey, wide-mouthed champagne glass.
I did some digging and discovered that the name of that glass is the “coupe” — and that there’s this amazing company I found on Amazon called The History Company that sells a TON of old glasses inspired by (copied from?) historical spots (like the Algonquin), movies (like Casablanca), and people (like Zelda Fitzgerald).
So: I’ve got some coupe glasses from The History Company on my gift list this year, but it also occurs to me that they would be a great gift for a lot of different people, from drinkers who collect interesting glasses, to history buffs/old movie buffs, to people who may be interested in portion control (the glasses of yore were much smaller than today’s glasses!).
I particularly like that there are a bunch of sets of only two glasses for $24 — great for the person who doesn’t want to commit a ton of cabinet space to a glass you won’t use often. The pictured set (inspired by Casablanca) comes in a set of 2 for $24, and a set of 4 for $44 (not eligible for Prime, sadly). (OOH – looks like the company’s website also offers stuff for your office, like desk chairs inspired by FDR’s chair.)
(2020 update: we really like these glasses and use them all the time!)
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear Sales of Note (as of 4-16-21)
- Nordstrom – Designer clearance continues up to 70% off.
- M.M.LaFleur – The Warehouse Sale: Up to 80% off
- Anthropologie – Extra 50% off all sale items; up to 30% off 250+ spring styles
- Ann Taylor Factory – Extra 20% off all clearance; up to 60% off latest styles
- Ann Taylor – 50% off everything
- Banana Republic – Up to 40% off curated styles; extra 60% off sale
- Banana Republic Factory – 50% off everything; extra 20% off purchase
- Eloquii – 40-60% off all dresses & tops
- J.Crew – 30% off your purchase; 40% off $200+
- J.Crew Factory – 60% off spring faves; up to 50% off everything; extra 60% off clearance; 50-60% off sandals
- Lands’ End – 30% off full-price styles
- Loft – 50% off your purchase; extra 20% off your plus purchase
Check out some of our latest posts!