I featured something similar from Cole Haan a few weeks ago, but I thought I’d bring this lovely red cell phone wallet to your attention today — can you think of a single woman on your gift-giving list who wouldn’t benefit from something like this?
If she’s working, it’s the perfect I’m-just-grabbing-lunch-quickly wallet (she can even keep her lunchspot “frequent eater” punchcards in there) — and if she’s a mom, student, or someone else normally burdened with a HUGE bag, who wouldn’t love just being able to grab your wallet and your phone and go?
This one is $65 at Nordstrom — love that lipstick red. Brahmin Universal Phone Wallet
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Workwear sales of note for 6.02.23:
- Nordstrom – The Half-Yearly Sale has started! See our thoughts here.
- Ann Taylor – $50 off $150; $100 off $250+; extra 30% off all sale styles
- Banana Republic Factory – Up to 50% off everything + extra 25% off purchase
- Boden – Sale, up to 50% off
- Cole Haan – Up to 50% off select styles; extra 20% off sandals & sneakers
- Eloquii – 60% off all tops
- Express – 30% off all dresses, tops, shorts & more; extra 50% off clearance
- H&M – Up to 60% off online and in-store.
- J.Crew – Up to 50% off “dressed up” styles (lots of cute dresses!); extra 50% off select sale
- J.Crew Factory – Up to 60% off everything; 60% off 100s of summer faves; extra 60% off clearance
- J.McLaughlin – The Sale Event: extra 30% off
- Loft – 40% off tops; 30% off full-price styles
- Sephora – Up to 50% off select beauty.
- Shopbop – Up to 60% off sale
- Sue Sartor – Lots of cute dresses on sale!
- Talbots – 25-40% off select styles
Other noteworthy sales:
- CB2.com – Up to 40% off; pop-up sale up to 30% off
- Joss & Main – Up to 60% off, plus an extra 20% off with code
- Tuft & Needle – Save up to $775 on mattresses (Reader-favorite brand; Kat really likes hers!)
- West Elm – Up to 25% off in-stock furniture; up to 60% off clearance
Some of our latest posts here at Corporette…
And some of our latest threadjacks here at Corporette (reader questions and commentary) — see more here!
- Favorite comfy pants for an overnight plane ride?
- I’ve got a nasty case of tech neck…
- What’s a good place for a relaxing solo escape?
- What’s the best commuter backpack?
- I’m early 40s and worry my career arc is ending…
- I canNOT figure out the proportions in this current season of fashion…
- How is everyone wearing scarves in 2023?
- What shoes are people wearing to work between boot and sandal season?
- What’s a good place for a relaxing solo escape?
- What are some of your go-to outfits that feel current?
- I need more activities that are social, easy to learn and don’t involve extreme running/jumping/etc.
Whiny complaint ahoy: I’m supposed to be flying home for Christmas today, but there’s a blizzard in Chicago, so I may not get home. I dont want to spend all my vacation days waiting in an airport, or flying cross country to spend all of one day with my family!!
Very legitimate complaint! I’m supposed to fly there tomorrow and am just keeping all my appendages crossed that I make it.
Sitting in an airport sucks, no doubt. Last year I spent an entire day stuck in the Memphis airport waiting for my flight to DC. My flight was supposed to leave at 9:30 a.m. and it left at 3:30 pm. I missed an entire day with my family and arrived exhausted.
So sympathy, lots of sympathy.
Well, it got canceled while I headed to the airport…and the best they could rebook me on was leaving tomorrow night, spending the night in Houston, and getting home at 430pm Saturday. I told my mom she better be glad I didn’t just cancel!!
I feel you! I just had to give up a half day of work and my car to catch what will probably be the last boat until Christmas day… but at least I can get there early not late
Is there supposed to be a space between a single apostrophe and a quotation mark? Such as:
“And then b23 was like, I’m pretty sure all these people are doing it wrong.’ “
Correction: “And then b23 was like, ‘I’m pretty sure all these people are doing it wrong.’ “
That’s what I thought. And don’t you love it when you’re complaining about other people’s grammar and make a mistake yourself? Lovely.
We still think you’re really smart.
People do it both ways. In my opinion (which is informed by various magazines and newspapers), there should be a space, but it can be thinner than a normal space; see grammar girl on this. And if you’re typing, it should be a nonbreaking space so that the quotation mark doesn’t end up on the next line.
Ugh. I hate being told that I can’t do work that is both interesting and substantive because I MIGHT need to sit around in the office so that I can do work that a paralegal should do (I’m a third year), especially when I haven’t been working on that particular matter. I cannot wait until I can stop working with these awful people.
Shopping help request:
A woman in the village where I teach has asked me to bring her back a warm skirt from America. She wants a dark color, longish, fairly fitted skirt in a thick winter material. She told me her waist measurement is 52 cm…I have no idea what size that means. She’s pretty round in the middle (apple-shaped, I think it’s called). She’s around 60 years old.
I’d really appreciate suggestions! I have no idea where to start.
Well, using a metric conversion website, 52cm comes out to 20.5 inches, which seems really small – is she a very tiny woman? Anyway, I’d make sure the 52cm is correct (and is the measurement for all-the-way-around-the-waist – circumference?), and then start looking at shops that might have the skirt in question (Nordstrom? Talbots? Ann Taylor? Patagonia?) and check the measurement charts.
52 cm is 20.5 in, so I’d think that her total waist circumference is probably more like 41 in.
I like this one. The size chart says she’d be an 18W but the reviews both say to size down so 16W might work.
I was going to suggest this very skirt!
Hey Bay Area ‘R3tt3s,
Anyone going to be in town through the end of the month? I have no specific holiday plans, so I would love to plan some fun times. Any interest in a meetup to do something fun, that can be completely non-holiday related?
Or even in a 2 person meetup with me? I feel a baking spree coming on, but I can’t eat all the product myself, so I have some open positions. These positions have only one requirement: eating baked goods and chatting with me over tea/cocoa/hot toddies.
Anyway, respond on here. I’ll probably also send an email around in case anyone misses this post. Happy Eating Yummy Winter Goodies!
Me! Me! I’m leaving Saturday but coming back in time to work on the 26th. I broke my phone and lost your phone number though. :-(
I love this, especially the red! I just need the new iPhone 5 to put in it! (My iPhone 4 is on its last legs I think)
Dude. It is the conspiracy. Did it stop working after the 5 came out? I refuse to give in, dropped calls and texts not sent/received be damned.
I think it started when I dropped it in the toilet :) The problems started right after the 4S, actually, so I agree with your conspiracy theory!
If I drop another call my phone might go flying out the window. Can I just get a phone that, hey, works as a PHONE first and all the other stuff second? So frustrating.
Random thought – I am excited that tomorrow is the 21st and days will start to get longer soon. I’m tired of walking to and from work in the dark every day.
Also – does anyone know if there is a “happy light” that you can wear while you’re walking? I walk my dog in the deepest, darkest part of the early morning, and it would be a perfect 30 minutes to have a little sun lamp with me.
How about these? They’re kind of odd looking but I bet they’d work!
Help! My mentee bought me a Christmas gift! What should I get for her?
An advice book you’d recommend? Cute stationary, a business card holder, or fancy pen? Or, if she likes coffee, a Starbucks gift card?