Our daily workwear reports suggest one piece of work-appropriate attire in a range of prices.
This fluted skirt would be a great option for the office or the weekend. When midi skirts first started appearing a few years ago, I avoided them because I thought they only looked flattering on people who had legs much longer than mine.
With a little trial and error, though, I’ve found a few tricks that work for me. For starters, I try to get a length that is slightly below my knee, rather than hitting right at my mid-calf. I’m 5’6″, but some of my favorite midi skirts came from the petite section. I also find tucking in my top or adding a belt helps to give some definition at the waist and makes the look more flattering all around.
This skirt is $29 at Loft, marked down from $69.50. It’s available in plus sizes 14–26, regular sizes 00–14, and petite sizes 00–18. Crane Fluted Midi Skirt
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Seen a great piece you’d like to recommend? Please e-mail [email protected]
Workwear Sales of Note (10/29/20):
- Boden – 25% off! Ends 10/29. I just updated links in our post on how to build a work wardrobe at Boden. (Nordstrom is matching prices if you prefer to buy there.)
- Ann Taylor – 40% off tops & sweaters; 50% off 2+ tops & sweaters. Ends 10/30.
- Talbots – 50% off 3+, 40% off 2 or 30% off 1. Ends 11/1.
- Lo & Sons – Early Bird Sale: 40% off everything above $50
- Neiman Marcus – 25–30% off select regular-price items
Reader Favorites on Sale: