Our daily workwear reports suggest one piece of work-appropriate attire in a range of prices.
This fluted skirt would be a great option for the office or the weekend. When midi skirts first started appearing a few years ago, I avoided them because I thought they only looked flattering on people who had legs much longer than mine.
With a little trial and error, though, I’ve found a few tricks that work for me. For starters, I try to get a length that is slightly below my knee, rather than hitting right at my mid-calf. I’m 5’6″, but some of my favorite midi skirts came from the petite section. I also find tucking in my top or adding a belt helps to give some definition at the waist and makes the look more flattering all around.
This skirt is $29 at Loft, marked down from $69.50. It’s available in plus sizes 14–26, regular sizes 00–14, and petite sizes 00–18. Crane Fluted Midi Skirt
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Seen a great piece you’d like to recommend? Please e-mail [email protected]
Workwear Sales of Note (as of 1-15-21)
- Nordstrom – Designer clearance up to 70% off
- Neiman Marcus – Up to 75% off: major sales, including on suits and cashmere!
- The Fold – Lots of items on sale!
- Brooks Brothers – 40% off
- J.Crew Factory – 40-60% off everything; extra 60% off clearance
- Ann Taylor – 50% off 3+ full-price items, 40% off 1-2 full-price items; extra 50-70% off sale styles;
- Loft – Up to 60% off almost everything; 30% off Lou & Grey; 60% off sale styles
- Lands’ End – 40% off full-price styles
- Banana Republic – Up to 50% off select styles; extra 60% off sale styles