This post may contain affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I’m doing a post on warm winter pants that is taking forever, so I’ll post today’s gift idea early — this is one of my favorite new things from the past year, so I’ll do a little review of our Nixplay WiFi photo frames.
I’ve had a non-WiFi digital photo frame for a while and it’s been a PITA, to be honest — getting new pictures on the flash drive in a timely manner was impossible, and when I did get photos on the flash drive there were Major Problems: selfies were always upside down, the vertical ones would be cut off or horizontal. I did my best (read: spent waaaaaay too much time editing photos) but it was kind of impossible to keep up with.
So I was intrigued when I somehow came across a Twitter exchange between Lin Manuel Miranda and Neal Katyal where one was recommending WiFi photo frames as the best gift for grandparents — and I was blown away by the idea.
The frames they recommended seemed pricey, but we splurged for Mother’s day and got three frames: one for our family, and one for both grandmothers. And it’s been awesome!
It’s taken a bit of energy to go through older photos (read: I’ve spent way too much time on it), but for 99% of people, just the ease of getting NEW photos on the frame in a timely manner is going to be awesome. Photos are almost all turned the correct way, no one’s cut off, and you get to actually look at all of those 1000s of pictures you take. Easy, foolproof present for grandparents, parents, and others who want to look at a lot of family pictures.
There are three other groups of people that this is a great gift for — the first I’ll call “digital photo hobbyists,” which I suppose I consider myself because I enjoy spending mindless hours on this stuff. But for that person who just got all their archival photos digitized and is happily sorting and labeling them? This is so for them.
The second group this is a great gift for is the person with the big fancy digital camera, who may also be an avid traveler, who takes a zillion amazing photographs regularly.
The final group that I think this would be good for is the Super Pinterest User — the person who seems to is really calmed by photos of beautiful scenery, inspirational words against pretty backgrounds, and other things like that — you could also use this frame to display those kinds of things, or even to mix them in with your personal photos, either in different playlists to play at different times, or in one huge shuffle.
(One of my favorite things is how easy it is to create and change new playlists — so if you’re like me and have all of the old family holiday photos in one playlist, with one touch of a button you can have all of the frames showing only holiday-themed photos, or Halloween-themed photos, or birthday-themed photos, etc.)
It’s a great way to see all of the thousands of pictures you take, and manage them well. The pictured version is the one I’ve bought four times now on Amazon (the Seed, I guess), but Nixplay has a few different lines offering WiFi digital photo frames, and retailers like Best Buy also sell the frame.
The price bounces around a lot on Amazon if you prefer to buy through them, but I don’t know if it’ll go down again before the holidays. (The 13″ one is pretty big, FWIW — also note that you can orient the frame itself horizontally or vertically and the pictures adjust.) Depending on the size of frame, the full price on Amazon is $159-$229. Nixplay Seed 13 Inch WiFi Digital Photo Frame
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear sales of note for 12.1.23
Our favorites are in bold!
- Nordstrom – Limited-Time Sale of 11,000+ items; up to 25% off select women’s coats & jackets (ends 12/6); Nike up to 25% off (ends 12/2); markdowns include big deals on UGG, Natori, Marc Fisher LTD, Vionic and more!
- Ann Taylor – Up to 40% off full-price styles; extra 40% off all sale styles
- Banana Republic – Up to 40% off sale styles
- Banana Republic Factory – Up to 50% off everything; extra 25% off $125+
- ba&sh – Up to 50% off fall/winter styles
- Bergdorf Goodman – Designer Sale: Up to 40% off; free same-day delivery for a limited time
- Club Monaco – 25% off almost everything
- Express – 40% off everything
- J.Crew – 50% off women’s styles; extra 30% off sale styles
- Loft – 40% off full-price styles; 60% off 2+ sale styles or 50% off 1
- Lo & Sons – Up to 70% off; spend $100, get an extra 10% off wallets — reader favorites include this laptop tote, this backpack, and this crossbody
- Summersalt – 30% off everything; up to 60% off select styles (this reader-favorite sweater blazer is down to $75)
- Talbots – 30% off entire purchase, including all markdowns — readers love this cashmere boatneck and this cashmere cardigan, as well as their sweater blazers in general
- Theory – Cold weather essentials up to 40% off
- Theory Outlet – Last-chance styles 70-80% off; up to 70% off coats; up to 60% off cashmere; extra 20% off 2 items and extra 25% off 3+ items; readers love this T-shirt
- Universal Standard – Up to 81% off; jeans start at $35
Kid- and Family-Related Sales
- BabyJogger – 25% off 3 items with code
- Crate & Kids – Toy & gift event: up to 50% off everything; save 10% off full price items
- J.Crew Crewcuts – 50% off everything; extra 30% off sale styles
- Ergobaby – 40% off Omni Breeze Carrier, 25% off Evolve 3-in-1 bouncer, $100 off Metro+ Strollers
- Graco – Up to 30% off car seats
- Strolleria – 25% off Wonderfold wagons, and additional deals on dadada, Cybex, and Peg Perego
- Walmart – Savings on Maxi-Cosi car seats, adventure wagons, rocker recliners, security cameras and more!