Our daily workwear reports suggest one piece of work-appropriate attire in a range of prices.
Are you heading back into the office, trying to look professional, but desperately missing your soft pants? Join the club.
While I’ve found a number of work pants that are stretchy enough that I can pretend to be in leggings, this ponte skirt from Ann Taylor is the closest I’ve found in skirt form. The waistband is elastic, and the ponte fabric is very thick but still has 4% elastic for a bit of stretch.
The navy version is going to be one of my go-tos for this spring and summer.
The skirt is $69 and available in regular sizes 00–18 and petite sizes 00–16. It also comes in black.
For a ponte pencil skirt in plus sizes, try this style from Old Navy; it’s available in gray and black and is $32.99 with 25% taken off at checkout.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Seen a great piece you’d like to recommend? Please e-mail [email protected]
Workwear Sales as of 08.2.21…
- Nordstrom – The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is now open to everyone! Check out some of our picks here.
- Bergdorf Goodman – Designer markdowns up to 75% off
- Lo & Sons – Summer sale, save up to 50%!
- M.M.LaFleur – New sale styles added — save up to 80%
- Banana Republic – 40% off your purchase
- Banana Republic Factory – Extra 15% off purchase; 40-70% off everything
- J.Crew Factory – 40% off “comfy clothes”; extra 50% off clearance
- Loft – 40% off full-price styles; 70% 3+ sale styles; 60% off 1 or 2 sale styles
- Ann Taylor Factory – All sale items $24.88 or less! (final sale)
- Ann Taylor – Extra 40% off all sale styles; 50% off select full-price dresses & shoes
- Brooks Brothers – Sale styles up to 70% off