Our daily workwear reports suggest one piece of work-appropriate attire in a range of prices.
Are you heading back into the office, trying to look professional, but desperately missing your soft pants? Join the club.
While I’ve found a number of work pants that are stretchy enough that I can pretend to be in leggings, this ponte skirt from Ann Taylor is the closest I’ve found in skirt form. The waistband is elastic, and the ponte fabric is very thick but still has 4% elastic for a bit of stretch.
The navy version is going to be one of my go-tos for this spring and summer.
The skirt is $69 and available in regular sizes 00–18 and petite sizes 00–16. It also comes in black.
For a ponte pencil skirt in plus sizes, try this style from Old Navy; it’s available in gray and black and is $32.99 with 25% taken off at checkout.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Seen a great piece you’d like to recommend? Please e-mail [email protected]
Workwear Sales of Note (as of 4-14-21)
- Nordstrom – Designer clearance continues up to 70% off.
- M.M.LaFleur – The Warehouse Sale: Up to 80% off
- Anthropologie – Extra 25% off all sale items
- Ann Taylor Factory – Extra 20% off all clearance; up to 60% off latest styles
- Ann Taylor – Extra 50% off all sale styles plus additional 30% off all sale styles; 40% off full-price shoes & accessories
- Banana Republic – Extra 50% off sale styles; 40% off full-price items
- Banana Republic Factory – 50% off everything; extra 20% off purchase; extra 50% off clearance
- Eloquii – 50% off everything
- J.Crew – Extra 50% off sale styles
- J.Crew Factory – 60% off spring faves; 50-60% off sandals; extra 50% off clearance
- Lands’ End – 30% off full-price styles
- Loft – 50% off your purchase + free shipping